JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving home from School and saw a new 2010 Unlimited 'Islander' JK God those things are ugly! Looked half decent in pictures but up close and personal is a different story! Can't quite place the reason why I don't like it, it just looks odd, kinda like it belongs in a gay pride parade, or you expect 32 clowns to jump out of it at the next lights!

But thats just my opinion!:mr-t:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I believe ya..........just naming a wrangler "Islander" is in itself extremely gay.....jmho :smokin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree, But I also need to come clean! I had one back about 25 yrs plus yrs ago.. I was under 22 yrs of age.... I know and to be honest I don't wanna hear about it! :shaking: I hope I don't kicked off the forum for coming clean.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My local dealer has one in white and I liked it. I also like the surf blue but think I would get sick of it if I bought one.

·
Registered
457 Posts
A dealership in Atlanta has 7 of them. Black or silver. Godawful. A blue one might look decent but these were just plain ugly.

·
Registered
950 Posts
i saw 2 at my local dealership.. there the ugliest things in the world.. i dont know why they even came out with them.. they should listen to the jeep people and come read some post on these forums and make a real jeep with a v8.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Over react much? it has a hood sticker and different seats with rubicon wheels and tires...you guys are acting like its sitting on 22's and painted pink with wood grain.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Over react much? it has a hood sticker and different seats with rubicon wheels and tires...you guys are acting like its sitting on 22's and painted pink with wood grain.
gotta agree.... me i actually like the little tiki guy on the hood.

·
Registered
395 Posts
X2. When I saw the title I expected to see a lowered Jeep covered in chrome. :shaking:

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Definitely a chick Jeep. Anyone with even a tiny trace of testosterone wouldn't be caught driving one. :thefinger:

lol, funny given recent circumstances in the Jeep winning world. Tell that to Immortality LTD and a few other folks:beer:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What crawled up all of your asses?

Like the guy above said, its some two tone seats, a sticker on the hood, and some Rubi wheels and tires. Oh, and the steering wheel has colored stitching instead of white stitching.

What is the big deal? The colors they come in are available on Sports and Rubicons too, so....

People have been putting Wet Okle seat covers in their Jeeps for decades and now that Jeep does something fun from the factory you guys all act like they reinvented the wheel.

You guys can bitch when they offer a street package Wrangler but until then get the fucking sand out of your vag and find something better to complain about.

Here's the old one:

I think its cool that they brought back some old school flavor with the JK. It needs a little old school considering all the fucking pansies it brought to the Jeep world. What would all of these guys have done before there was a place to ask questions about wheel backspacing and how much lift you need to clear a certain tire?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
What crawled up all of your asses?

Like the guy above said, its some two tone seats, a sticker on the hood, and some Rubi wheels and tires. Oh, and the steering wheel has colored stitching instead of white stitching.

What is the big deal? The colors they come in are available on Sports and Rubicons too, so....

People have been putting Wet Okle seat covers in their Jeeps for decades and now that Jeep does something fun from the factory you guys all act like they reinvented the wheel.

You guys can bitch when they offer a street package Wrangler but until then get the fucking sand out of your vag and find something better to complain about.

I think its cool that they brought back some old school flavor with the JK. It needs a little old school considering all the fucking pansies it brought to the Jeep world. What would all of these guys have done before there was a place to ask questions about wheel backspacing and how much lift you need to clear a certain tire?
But how do you really feel about this?

j/k-:) I'm not rubbing sand in anyone's love-hole.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
But how do you really feel about this?

j/k-:) I'm not rubbing sand in anyone's love-hole.

:beer:
He he! The other place has 300 questions a day about what fits and what hits and here we have 300 posts a day about something being gay or uncool. It is getting old. :thefinger:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
He he! The other place has 300 questions a day about what fits and what hits and here we have 300 posts a day about something being gay or uncool. It is getting old. :thefinger:
LOL. I agree completely. Different strokes for different folks. :beer:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I saw one for the first time today... don't like the color very much... different strokes for different folks... just saying.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
If the ISLANDER decal was removed, it would certainly look a lot better imo. Along with a certain wheel, tire, and lift combo- I think it looks okay.

I hated the color of the surf-blue stock, but when I saw one that was lifted with some bad-ass wheels and aggressive tires.....I thought it looked sweet.

·
Registered
510 Posts
just one of those marketing lab things... its unfortunate that Chrysler is still testing the waters to see what they can get... what part of a loyal customer basis do they not get??? most jeepers are...well, jeepers, quit trying to appeal to people that do not get jeeps...

its like trying to explain a round earth

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree, But I also need to come clean! I had one back about 25 yrs plus yrs ago.. I was under 22 yrs of age.... I know and to be honest I don't wanna hear about it! :shaking: I hope I don't kicked off the forum for coming clean.
I think coming clean is ok here but coming OUT, now that might cause some extraneous posting flurries.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts