JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usually we are a little cooler down here, but those are the temps I've been seeing here too the last few days
Yeah you guys are, we are down there a lot cause my wife's family is from there. To me though once we go past 105, it's just HOT..

-Dan

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, with a heavy heart, I decided to put the top up this evening. Doesn't look it will be coming back down until the temps do. Unless of course, I pick up a new bikini top and a wrap-around windjammer. The AZ sun killed my bikini top in 2 summers...

-WRM

·
Registered
233 Posts
As a Native I love it still running with no top the looks I get are priceless. This seperates the real Zonies from the fakes and they run home for the summer. I also work in Bullhead City- Laughlin area where it gets to 125 each year. They say that Az. has some of the worst drivers.Yet 90 percent are transplants from somewhere else. I know Iam going to catch shit on this so let it begin. I get a smile on my face when at the end of the day I start my Jeep and the temp say's 128 degrees.:beer::beer:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Born and raised there. Came out here and laughed when it got to 103 and people were crying like crazy. Five years later I'm one of they cry babies.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That's way past my threshold for riding topless, SpiderWeb Shade or not. I carry some extra weight (alright, a lot :laughing:), and I'm not trying to sweat my fucking ass off everywhere I go.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I am only going to put my top on for the monsoon. I got rid of my bikini top two months ago and just have a shade screen on now. I can take the heat but I don't think the dash electronics can take the rain on it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The heat doesn't bother me, the wife doesn't like it but tolerates it, but it's just too rough on my boy (5y.o.). He doesn't complain, but I can tell the heat really takes a toll on him. So, it was either put the top on or leave him at home, and I gotta have my buddy with me...

-WRM

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As a Native I love it still running with no top the looks I get are priceless. This seperates the real Zonies from the fakes and they run home for the summer. I also work in Bullhead City- Laughlin area where it gets to 125 each year. They say that Az. has some of the worst drivers.Yet 90 percent are transplants from somewhere else. I know Iam going to catch shit on this so let it begin. I get a smile on my face when at the end of the day I start my Jeep and the temp say's 128 degrees.:beer::beer:
I am actually a native AZ'nian too, born and raised. Even still I hate temps above 105*-110* and i've seen the 120* temps. When we get down to end of Sept-Oct you better believe doors and top is coming down!

-Dan

1 - 20 of 32 Posts