JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else- feel free to post up some of your drawings/ paintings, etc...Preferably things done by hand and not computer generated graphics.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice work!

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
few more...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
couple more...

Attachments

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
All I have left from my entire portfolio are doodles I did while...intoxicated - and 2 colored pencil drawings that meant a lot to me: my son and my deceased dog. Given away all the other stuff over the years. This stuff, oddly, is more important to me.

Anyways...

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They make me remember them ;).
:eek: :laughing:

Man Dave those are pretty sweet- I am guessing that the Roti and your son was done in oil pastels, maybe colored pencil? Nice detail. Sadly I had nearly my entire portfolio stolen when I lived on the Texas coast- shortly after college. The ones I have left are kind of special- but in no means the best of my abilities. I didn't really want to post these initially because they are not great- and also because artwork is a sort of personal thing to me. I included the last (oil on canvas) painting cause I figured you would appreciate Jimi. I took it from a rare album called "Moods". Part of my extensive Hendrix collection. Some of my favorite's were made long before "The Experience". Several were done while he was with Lonnie Youngblood, and one with Jimmy Page. Man he was great.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. This art is personal to me as well. Not my best by any means, but definitely the stuff I'll keep for years to come.

Rotti & Son were done in berol prismacolor colored pencils. I like to press hard w/ them and get a pastel effect.

Let's just say "hallucinogens (in general) were involved." Truth be told, I was probably intoxicated on something for just about every second of those ink pen drawings. One of them, the only one that I finished, I call "What I did last year." Ahhhh the good ol days.

Stub...I have a Hendrix single (bootleg Im sure) pressed on 12" red vinyl...Has the song "FHITA" on it - you heard it? It's titled "High Live and Dirty" and has "Rated X" on it. It's a novelty. Not worth anything, but one of my favorites in my LP collection.

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's pretty strange to hear Jimi screaming over and over "---- HER IN THE---!" The quality really sucks, but hey- It's rare Hendrix (at his worst). I have that along with so many others. I have a rare (or bootleg possibly) of Electric Ladyland (1983- Merman I Should Turn To Be- is just awesome), as well as some others that are fantastic, (and better quality than High Live & Dirty). One is called War Heroes, another called Second Time Around. I'll have to dig some of the others up some time.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
yeah it's a horrible show..but funny and a good conversation piece (I have it hanging in my wall in my office here at the house).

I was reading up on that LP online and I read that it's actually Jim Morrison screaming that over and over - dubbed onto it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.