JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this tractor suck in a hole where all the rainwater flows in a field yesterday. Nobody was around. Passed by it this morning to take my pup to training, dropped the pup off and asked if I could help.

We looked over it and figured there wasn't much of a shot. He couldn't get a wrecker to come get him out and he had rented the mini excavator to try and dig it out. It was layin frame and his 'batwing' mower was wedged and couldn't move it.

Unpinned the batwin. He, his worker and I were reluctant to try to get his 6500lb 4x4 tractor out of a mud hole with my Rubicon. But I said mine was on dirt, it's not gonna hurt anything to try. Tires spun on the loose grass, hooked and walked him out of the hole!

Guy was greatful, wanted to repay me somehow, I said "makin your day is good enough, pay it forward" like a good Jeeper lol :beer:

He asked for my name and number, I said "for what, you call me when your ass gets stuck again?!" (jokingly). Feels good to help out! :beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Guy was greatful, wanted to repay me somehow, I said "makin your day is good enough, pay it forward" like a good Jeeper lol :beer:

He asked for my name and number, I said "for what, you call me when your ass gets stuck again?!" (jokingly). Feels good to help out! :beer::beer::beer:
Awesome story goody, that's what it's all about.:beer::beer::beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Almost like the official Texas induction is helping someone out or being helped out. Very cool to see people lend a hand to those in need. Awesome story goody.

:beer::beer::beer:

BTW- Any chance you will make it to K2 on the 25th?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats going on the 25th?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll look into it StubEX

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Good on ya' brother. There needs to be more folks like this (non Jeepers) out there who'll stop and help someone out.

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I did the same for a Pirus that decided to go offroading off the interstate one afternoon, two young girls and a guy jump out begging me to get them out, said they would pay me to do it. After I got that Toyota out they were very happy and started to pool their money together, I said just keep your money, it was fun just to use my winch!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I did the same for a Pirus that decided to go offroading off the interstate one afternoon, two young girls and a guy jump out begging me to get them out, said they would pay me to do it. After I got that Toyota out they were very happy and started to pool their money together, I said just keep your money, it was fun just to use my winch!:grinpimp:
haha! awesome. i probably would have felt the same way... "awesome i get to use my winch!" :laughing:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts