JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know they are not everyones favorites but i like them and thats all that matters. Plus i got 5 new for $700. 18" BALLISTIC JESTER

Now what do i do with my old 18" stock 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Rims?

where do people sell them? do people actually buy them? anyone knows how much it cost to ship? I just bet a lot of people are selling and few buying...
Part Number 814890550-12FB
BACKSPACE 4.5"
Finish FLAT BLACK WITH RED INSERTS

·
Registered
278 Posts
I actually really like the style of that wheel! you could very easily sell your stock wheels/tires on your local craigslist or even post them up on the for sale here!

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
I like these wheels and had them on my jeep many many moons ago. Heres photographic proof...

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Did you have alloys or the base steel wheel? Sell them cheap, even the steel wheels look okay blacked out. Might have to get rid of those on craigslist though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have alloys or the base steel wheel? Sell them cheap, even the steel wheels look okay blacked out. Might have to get rid of those on craigslist though.

i will have 5 of these, Alloy 18", (4) are great condition, (1) on the back has some scrapping in the middle

how much are these worth. i will sell them for cheap and try to get rid of them on craigslist i guess.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use em as a boat anchor maybe?
i guess i need to buy a boat than

I like these wheels and had them on my jeep many many moons ago. Heres photographic proof...

photobucket is blocked at work, will check it out when i get home

I actually really like the style of that wheel! you could very easily sell your stock wheels/tires on your local craigslist or even post them up on the for sale here!

how much?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do i need to worry about anything with the TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS? or will they work with these rims fine?

·
Registered
821 Posts
how much?
Depends on the condition of the tires. If they are close to being worn out then I'd say start with a $600 price tag. If there is a considerable amount of tread left (60%+ then start at $1100.

Edit: Just realized that tires are probably not included.... In that case $400 bucks.

do i need to worry about anything with the TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS? or will they work with these rims fine?
They should work, but be sure to include in your ad that the TPMS is not included.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Not all Jeeps come with those 18” alloys, Moabs, I think. They’ll sell quick on your local CL to someone who has the sport 16” steelies. Or even an older Jeep. Probably put them for $300 if you got all 5.

-Dan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go.
Nice! looks great on red jeeps, the red inserts are optional, i wonder if mine will look better with them or without.

Depends on the condition of the tires. If they are close to being worn out then I'd say start with a $600 price tag. If there is a considerable amount of tread left (60%+ then start at $1100.

They should work, but be sure to include in your ad that the TPMS is not included.

I am actually keeping the tires and putting on the new rims, they are new. so i will be selling the rims alone with no tires. thanks i will include 'TPMS not included'

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not all Jeeps come with those 18” alloys, Moabs, I think. They’ll sell quick on your local CL to someone who has the sport 16” steelies. Or even an older Jeep. Probably put them for $300 if you got all 5.

-Dan
thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I got rid of mine for $600. The guy who bought them had 2 spare tires stolen from his Jeep and was tired of getting replacements at the dealer for $600 a pop so he now has plenty of spares. Sold them on Craigslist

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got rid of mine for $600. The guy who bought them had 2 spare tires stolen from his Jeep and was tired of getting replacements at the dealer for $600 a pop so he now has plenty of spares. Sold them on Craigslist
man thats a lot, i will not shoot that high though :) my new ones almost cost that much

·
Registered
915 Posts

And with the same tires. I just took off the red and silver accents.

The ATZ have been great tires. I've put another 20k on them after I bought them from Stupidface and they still have plenty of tread.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just let my stock rubicon wheels go for 250 on CL. Had them posted for a month and a half before I got a serious inquiry. As far as TPMS, they'll work just fine. Just swap them into the new wheels.

·
Registered
915 Posts
^^ Did you get those from me?
Sure did. Thanks again. Tires still have plenty of tread on them.

Oh yeah and I'm running the TPMS sensors and haven't had any issues yet with them getting damaged. The rims protect them pretty good. I will more than likely take them out when they get new meat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts