JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good stuff.

travis barker had some insane ufo platform that he rocked out a crazy drum encore. you had to be there to believe it. side to side, tilting so we saw him playing from a birds eye view, and then while we were staring at the top of his set, the center of the platform starting spinning! in. fvcking. credible.

best part of the night... towing people out of the mud! hahaha. i swear i should have charged $5 a tow. could have paid for my souvenir shirt!

only had problems with a 2004/5ish mustang.

where the hell do you hook a strap up to them? it had a kit and it was sitting on the ground in the back due to the spinning of the tires. ended up balling up some towels and heave-ho pushing it out five people deep. i was smart and grabbed the license plate spot... the guys on the taillights left with a nice mud skid mark down their fronts.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
good stuff.

only had problems with a 2004/5ish mustang.

where the hell do you hook a strap up to them? it had a kit and it was sitting on the ground in the back due to the spinning of the tires. .
you tell the driver to hold the strap haha

concert sounds great, wonder if a video of that will end up on youtube

·
Registered
474 Posts
Man, i wanted to goto that . . . couldnt justify the cost though . . thats valuable lift money there.

Where was the venue? . . .

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you tell the driver to hold the strap haha

concert sounds great, wonder if a video of that will end up on youtube
im sure there will be.

Where was the venue? . . .
ford amphitheater and it was sold out. ive been to tons of shows there and this was the most packed i had ever seen it.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we could have probably fit more people... lots of little kids that probably werent even born when blink first came out.

had a nice seat for the show and to people watch. section 14 row A.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always wind up on the grass....I'm cheap. Plus, it's challenging to try to get up front.
we wanted lawn tickets but none of the scalpers had them! the lawn is usually where the party is at. but no complaints about the seats we got!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so the drumset did the tommy lee thing? spun around?
the drum set platform rose up off the stage then slowly rocked to the right and then left. it returned to center stage and then tilted forward towards the crowd. you could see the whole drum set and the top of barkers head. while it was tilted, the center of the round platform, drum set and barker included, would rotate freely from the outside of the round platform.

havent found a youtube video of it yet.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I saw them in August in Hershey, Pa in the rain. He didn't do the solo because of the weather. Then saw them in NJ with NJJK08, it was amazing. This Saturday I am going to see them in Atlantic City at the Borgata. I seriously doubt he will be able to do it in that theater, but we'll see.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
:bawling: really wanted to go to this show. they said it was the hottest and sweatiest show yet on tour! haha it sure was a hot weekend.

can't wait for the new album... did they play anything new?

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
yeah it was kinda like that, just not a fvcking terrible. haha.

a) barker wasnt in a box.
b) the box wasnt picked up by the arms of a frankenstein robot.
c) he didnt bullsh!t, he just played drums.
d) totally different platform rotation.

found a vid. sound quality sucks, but you can see the barker ufo!
YouTube - Flying drum solo - Travis barker - Blink 182 - Live - 09-27-

here is a better picture quality vid from a different venue:
YouTube - Blink 182 - Travis Barker Flying Drum Solo - Live - Vancouver - 2009-07-28

there might be better ones floating around youtube.

as for the set list, from a friend:

Opened with Dumpweed, then it went something like Obvious, Down, Miss You, Man Overboard, All The Small Things, Anthem Pt. 2, Stockholm Syndrome, Feeling This, What's My Age Again?, Carousel, Josie (which I was particularly stoked on), Stay Together For The Kids, and Dammit. Those aren't in order and I'm sure I'm missing a couple as well.
and back to my main question... where does one hook up a mid 2000 mustang?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts