JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 08 4door black JK X and now it needs to be trail ready. what are somethings i need to watch out for? Iv had a few jeeps in the past and they seem so simple but this one has way to may options that i can go with. I just want to build it to be a bad ass jeep.

thanks

MG

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Welcome! give us some stats and we can help you out. Auto, manual, rear locker, ect. Where abouts are you located? Check the regional forum for trail rides.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
also, what do you want to do with your rig? For me a good trail, rock rig is my goal. Not crazy rock crawling though. I figure 2.5" BB, 33" tires when the 32's wear out, front and rear Rugged Ridge bumpers, a winch, some skids and diff covers. Got a while before I start this process but one day right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so maybe i should of said more lol. i know i want 37's on her unless i find some pics of one on 35's and i swaping the axles for the rubicon axles. Its a 4 door auto and basicly i want it to be able to go to the rubicon, and pismo with no problems. i want arb lockers front and rear and i know i'll have to change the gears out cuz of the tire size.

MG

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well that’s a good wish list. This is what I would do, everyone will have their own opinion though: swap to Rubicon axles, they have E-lockers so don’t worry with ARB's unless you want them, Re-gear to 5.13's, 4" lift, new drive shafts that use the OE flange so you can use the stockers as "get you home" spares, front (stubby) and rear bumpers and a winch with synthetic rope, rocker protection, oil pan skid, diff guards, relocate or skid the evap canister and then get new rims and 37's. O and I probably would toss on flat fenders....

And then my girlfriend would kick me out :laughing:

·
Registered
665 Posts
2.5" Spacer lift on 35" tires

4" Tuff Country lift on 37" tires

The next one I do will have 3" lift on 35" tires...should be lifted soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts