JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a gopro for christmas, and tried it out today. mounted it to the dash of the jeep and drove around town. the video is amazing. the audio on the other hand not so much, there is lots of static while driving, sitting at red light it is fine. just curious if anyone else had this issue or related issues. i've read on some gopro forums, and subura forums of people having the same issue but there is no response on how to fix it. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
When I just tested mine out (the 23rd), I had a lot of "hum" from the normal vibrations, but nothing bad. Stereo audio was mostly clear at 70mph. Sorry. I still have to test the other one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got one for half off during the 4WD.com 12 Days of Crazy Deals but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet. Hopefully this week sometime and I'll post back here.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't have a gopro. I want to get one of the new ones but I think I am going to wait for some of the options to become available. I do have something else though... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremyc/6561277989/ produces video like that... The sound on it isn't awful but it isn't great either. I know people who have the GoPro and some of their complaints were about the sound.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i did a quick google search for 'go pro audio issues' - might wanna check out the FAQ/troubleshooting tips on their site, the company supposedly prides themselves on audio just as much as video, might not hurt to call/contact them...

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I've noticed that as well. With the water tight door all I get on mine is rattling noises. I try not to use it if I don't feel the need.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I never got any audio worth listening to with my standard def go pro.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
My Gopro had shitty audio, especially with the watertight cover. But, I didn't get it for audio, I got it to mount to things and get a few cool vid clips from otherwise impossible angles to add into my other video. Besides, who wants to watch a boring 5 min vid out of a dash or bumper cam?

My $150 little FLIP camera gets better audio and vid than my Gopro, has better battery life, better memory, has a monitor, better software, and takes AA batteries (no charging BS). I do all of my vids with it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The static you are hearing is from the internals vibrating (the lens assembly). It's not as bad with a skeleton case, but with the waterproof case it's all the mic pics up. Even with the skeleton case you can still hear it though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts