JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm finally getting my gears done! 5.13's for the 35's that i bought of Marcus. While it's in i'm having detroit tru-tracs put in front and rear, getting the 30 sleeved and replacing front axel shafts with Ten Factory alloy shafts.

The only bummer is that after dropping all of the coin, it's going to look exactly the same as when i dropped it off, but i can't wait to see driving difference with the gear change.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
It will make a huge difference. Just be sure to get a programmer, if you don't have one already, to recalibrate the gear ratio and tire size.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will make a huge difference. Just be sure to get a programmer, if you don't have one already, to recalibrate the gear ratio and tire size.
Yeah, the Diablo Preadtor is warming up now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Okay....help out the less knowledgeable. I thought the point of sleeving the front was because of the weaker axles. If you go with alloy axles, wouldn't they already be much stronger? I'd think the stock rears would then be weaker than the front. Or is the HOUSING what is strengthened with sleeving? Thanks for any info as I was thinking of what to do to strengthen my front end.

It does hurt to spend a bunch of money on stuff you can't see much less know if you've ever needed it, huh? I'm going to be feeling the same pain soon when I do a gear swap and front locker.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So i'm finally getting my gears done! 5.13's for the 35's that i bought of Marcus. While it's in i'm having detroit tru-tracs put in front and rear, getting the 30 sleeved and replacing front axel shafts with Ten Factory alloy shafts.

The only bummer is that after dropping all of the coin, it's going to look exactly the same as when i dropped it off, but i can't wait to see driving difference with the gear change.
how much is everything after it's said and done, labor, parts, install?

i just dropped the same coin in mine. i went 513's, 37's, arb front and rear, sleeves, and gussets.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much is everything after it's said and done, labor, parts, install?

i just dropped the same coin in mine. i went 513's, 37's, arb front and rear, sleeves, and gussets.
Gears, Truetracs Front and Rear, Sleeve and gusset front, axel swap is right at $4k.

Gears $900 Total
Truetracs $1k + Labor
Axels $600 + labor
Sleeve and Gusset around $350 i think + labor

He was cheaper that the other folks i talked to, one of which didn't even want to talk to me unless i dropping $10k on a D60 upgrade to run 35's on my D30.

When i get it back i'm swapping drive shafts and should be good on upgrades for quite some time. Though i still need to find the time to put those damn Ripp headers in.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Gears, Truetracs Front and Rear, Sleeve and gusset front, axel swap is right at $4k.

Gears $900 Total
Truetracs $1k + Labor
Axels $600 + labor
Sleeve and Gusset around $350 i think + labor

He was cheaper that the other folks i talked to, one of which didn't even want to talk to me unless i dropping $10k on a D60 upgrade to run 35's on my D30.

When i get it back i'm swapping drive shafts and should be good on upgrades for quite some time. Though i still need to find the time to put those damn Ripp headers in.
good deal! mine was near 4k as well.

it's funny all the money spent on the goodies isn't noticable from the outside. i know you mentioned that earlier and I felt the exact same way :).

what lift do you have? just asking because you mentioned drive shaft(s)...

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
249 Drivetrain.

I talked to a couple of other places, one was higher, and other didn't want to talk to me unless I was dropping $10k on d60's

Sent from my mind using telekynesis!

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Did you drop it off yesterday? How was traffic?

Did you get shot at driving through the hood? :grinpimp:

This will be better than any visible mod you can do, I promise!

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good deal! mine was near 4k as well.

it's funny all the money spent on the goodies isn't noticable from the outside. i know you mentioned that earlier and I felt the exact same way :).

what lift do you have? just asking because you mentioned drive shaft(s)...
3.5" RK X-Factor...Chef Recommends.

Did you drop it off yesterday? How was traffic?

Did you get shot at driving through the hood? :grinpimp:

This will be better than any visible mod you can do, I promise!
Shoot, that ain't no hood...i grew up in Channelview...it just looks like home.

Maybe he'll paint the front axel so it at least looks a little different. Anyway, i sold my old tire/wheels. That money is going to go to a OR Fab tire carrier/jerry can holder/highlift jack mount and a matching spare.

I'll be getting back with you in a couple of days Marcus:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts