JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got tires and wanted to fix my speedo settings, and was wondering if some one in the tacoma / federal way area could help me out with their programmer. Happy to pay a few bucks or beers.

Simon.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
So I just got tires and wanted to fix my speedo settings, and was wondering if some one in the tacoma / federal way area could help me out with their programmer. Happy to pay a few bucks or beers.

Simon.
Unfortunately, most, if not all of the JK programmers require VIN locking to the host vehicle rendering it useless to yours or theirs. Lowest cost solution to your tire size calibration is an AEV ProCal.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Dito on what Marcus said. I have the flashcal however it will only work with one vehicle. You may have to spend the money up front but it's worth it in the long run. You can do other things with the programmer as you make other upgrades to you rig. Also, the dealership can't calibrate your spedo to most over-sized tires (mine charged $90.00 for tires in their range). I researched the flashcal and the AEV Procal. Lots of people on here use the Procal. I went with the Flashcal because I didn't want to deal with the switches on the Procal.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Check out the Superchips Flashcal too. It does a few more things and is the same $160.
What Marcus said. I have the ProCal and can program for tire size, daytime running lights, and one or two other things but that's it. After I "reset" it from the previous jeep to use with my current jeep, it wouldn't work.

Had to send it back to AEV (from Oahu) and took a while to clear the previous JK code to unlock it but they did it and sent back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's disappointing. One of the cool things about tools is sharing them. Is this done for any good reason, or just to make everyone have to buy one?

Simon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts