JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. I'm signing papers on a 2008 x unlimited tommorrow and taking delivery friday. This will be my first jeep and can't wait to use it on the sand. Great website by the way.:)

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
No gun jumping. It's good to get as much info as possible before you buy. Welcome.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Welcome to the JK and Jeep family:bounce: Don't forget to wave:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. This place is awesome! Everyone here is really helpful and has no problem answering any questions you'll have. You'll find out quickly that you don't have to feel like a idiot for not understanding something or being as knowledgeable as anyone here! Congrats on the jeep! I just bought my first one as well back in March. Be prepared to have a blast!!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Welcome from Austin Tx....What state do you live in? Fl, Tx, Ok, and Ca are the most fun ones to rag on.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome to the Jeep world its addictive.:beer:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Austin Tx....What state do you live in? Fl, Tx, Ok, and Ca are the most fun ones to rag on.
From Tx. I've already started looking for ways to haul my kayak.:) My jeep is supposed to be here tommorrow at 1:00.

·
Registered
947 Posts
welcome and gratz on the new jeep

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
You know that "1:00 tomorrow" in Texas means Monday or Tuesday next week...right?...just kidding. We live on the Colorado river, so if you're ever up this way (Austin/ Bastrop area) you're more than welcome to do a Sat or Sun day trip w/ us. We like to "put in" about 14 miles up river and paddle down into Bastrop. Only class 1- 2 rapids at best, but depending on how fast/ high the water is, its usually a lota fun. PM me if you're ever interested.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know that "1:00 tomorrow" in Texas means Monday or Tuesday next week...right?...just kidding. We live on the Colorado river, so if you're ever up this way (Austin/ Bastrop area) you're more than welcome to do a Sat or Sun day trip w/ us. We like to "put in" about 14 miles up river and paddle down into Bastrop. Only class 1- 2 rapids at best, but depending on how fast/ high the water is, its usually a lota fun. PM me if you're ever interested.
thanks for the offer. Might be up there someday. Are class 1-2 rapids capable on a sit on top. I've got a couple of hobies and a malibu.(fishing yaks)

By the way, are there any pics of the congo cage on a 4 door hard top jk? I've only seen pics on a two door. Also, does the cage sway or do the front bars hit the sides of the front windshield when going over some rough stuff?

thanks.:)

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Class 1 & 2 rapids are absolutely no problem for a "sit on top". (as long as your not going thru em sideways). I enjoy fishing as well, and the Colorado actually delivers on that...Catfish, bass, panfish/ perch, gar...etc, are all found in there. Best time to do a more "leisurely" fishing/ kayaking trip, is to go when the water is super clear and not running so high. In most places, under these conditions, you can see all the way to the bottom.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ok its Friday....let's see that bad boy!! :bounce:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crazy story. First, the dealer that has the jeep I really want is 150 miles away. Over the phone we get all of the negotiating out of the way. Next comes "when will you be picking it up? I say that I won't be able to cause my only day off is sunday and ya'll are closed. They didn't want to deliver. A day goes by and I get a call from the dealer asking if I still wanted the jeep. I said yes but I'm waiting for other offers from other dealers. Most of the day goes by and I figure I'll go see a loan officer. Everything goes great with them, got the rate I wanted and was ready to call the dealer. I call the dealer, let them know I'm serious, get them to deliver the jeep, but they won't do it unless they get drafting. I tell the loan officer and the dealer that if the vehicle comes to me with chips and scratches, I won't be giving the down payment check to the delivery guy. The loan officer says he won't send drafting until I give the ok. So, finally the dealer agrees to bring the jeep to me without drafting instructions so I can demo it, even after I told them that I detail and inspect cars for damages at a dealership, and that if there was ANYTHING wrong with it I would be sending it back. They decided to not take any chances with a porter driving it to me. They had trailered instead.:) It came in at 1:00 even though it was raining cats and dogs, unloaded it, I inspected it, called the dealer, gave it a thumbs up, and called the loan officer and told him to book it. Now, I am officially a jeep owner.:)

here's the 1st pics of my ride. Right off the tailer and straight into my prep shop. It was still wet from the monsoon we had today. I tried detailing it but it got really busy so I'll try again tomorrow and take better pictures.:)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I can tell I'm gonna like it here.:)

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I think I see a big scratch on the hood....KIDDING. Looks sweet. What kind of plans do you have for that baby?...besides gettin it dried off...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I see a big scratch on the hood....KIDDING. Looks sweet. What kind of plans do you have for that baby?...besides gettin it dried off...
not sure. I'm not big on lift kits and oversize tires.....yet!:) For sure though I'll be getting a locable fuel filler door and a tow hitch.

Here it is after installing the side steps and just out of my detail shop.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
here's the 1st pics of my ride. Right off the tailer and straight into my prep shop.
What is a prep shop? What type of busines?

not sure. I'm not big on lift kits and oversize tires.....yet!:) For sure though I'll be getting a locable fuel filler door and a tow hitch.
Here it is after installing the side steps and just out of my detail shop.

That is one sweet rig... I'm sure you will be lifting it and putting tires on it for sure? Where are you located at?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrates to the site and owning your first Jeep. Now it's time to take it out and get it dirty and scratched.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts