JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a trailer to tow behind our JK when we go offroading. www.jumpingjacktrailers.com It's made for towing offroad, but not for anything over about a 2.5 rated trail. It's costs half as much as one of the pop up tent trailers. It sets up in just a couple of minutes and is great for camping as well as carrying Quads on top of. So far we really like it and it's very comfortable and tows like it isn't even there. Take a look on thier website. If you have any questions I can try to answer them. I looked at several of the offroad trailers but most of them are really expensive and they aren't big enough inside for me. I like to beable to stand up and walk around a little. If you are wanting one to tow on the Rubicon then this one wouldn't be the one I would have gotten. But for a base camp it works out great. rupe

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
pretty cool basic tent trailer with plenty of room for gear:)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Very nice...how much are they?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
approx. $5000+, the tent trax isn't as big but will go on harder trails and there isn't nearly the amount of room in the tenttrax. My camera is broken so nope no pics. of it yet.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I looked at them, you could very easy upgrade them with stronger axles and springs. that would make it more trail worthy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It already has a 3500lbs axle under it, that's the max amount the unlimited can tow anyway isn't it? There are several out there that can be towed over alot rougher trails then this one, but can't haul the amount of weight you can put on top of this one. It just depends on what you are looking for. Because of my back I wanted a bed that I could roll out of instead of trying to slide into one that you can't stand up in or you have to crawl around on your knees to get into your sleeping bag. This one makes it easier to get dressed in as well. You know us old guys just can't move like you young whipper snappers can. LOL I like the fact that it has 15" rims on it too. One I wear out these tires I'll get some good ones looking ones on it. To bad they aren't 17" rims then I could use them as a spare for my JK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts