JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's funny about that feature is that in another section of the same magazine that engine is listed as one of the 10 dumbest engine swaps for a Jeep. It seems that with this issue there is not much consistency in editing.
Yeah saw that although the editors all had a difference of opinion and the 4bt can be hard to live with daily due to the noise...not much louder than a old 5.9 or old ford powerstroke.

Jason

·
Registered
688 Posts
that's why your friends jeep is cool. He can deal with the noise and rattles not many others would.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's why your friends jeep is cool. He can deal with the noise and rattles not many others would.
Yeah if you were to insulate the floor as he did after the article was written it wouldn't be any worse than an old 5.9 cummins.

Jason

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Cool video, nice!

·
Registered
113 Posts
His does just fine. I don't have pics of his under-hood situation, but it's a damned beast. He's got no power problems. IIRC he was pushing almost 400 ft/lbs. And he DD's it. :shrug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
It brings back fond memories of Case backhoes and trenchers. . . I worked around them all day. You get used to the noise.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Kudos to him for putting the 4bt in. I saw pics of this on Youtube and I thought (and still think) it's cool as shit.

But then again, I'm partial to engine swaps. :grinpimp:

I think the noise adds to the cool factor anyway. :beer::beer::beer:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts