JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tinkering around in the garage this weekend wanting black wheels in the worst way by since i am getting married this year i have no extra cash for them. So after surfing around here and seeing people paint their stock wheels with much success i decided to do it myself i must say they turned out better then i thought they would. I definately think it makes the jeep look better.

Went from this

To this

Shot of right side

Left side

Spare

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Do. Not. Like.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks great man, and its a mod you did yourself. I like the fact that if you scratch them up you can easily spray them again. :beer: Good job!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Murder the lugs. jmo

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That looks great! What did you paint them with?
Thanks! i was going to use duplicolor paint but every auto store here switched to Rust-Oleum, so i painted them with Rust-Oleum High Performance Wheel Coating, Rust-Oleum Self Etching Primer, Rust-Oleum High Performance Wheel Clear Coat 3 rolls of blue painters tape, and a tarp.it took 10 hours to prep,prime,paint five wheels let them sit for two days to dry.They turned out better then i thought they would from a rattle-can esp. since i have no paiting exp. or patience. It also covered up the rock rash on my wheels nicely, but i did have to use the air die grinder on a couple of the deeper grooves.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great man, and its a mod you did yourself. I like the fact that if you scratch them up you can easily spray them again. :beer: Good job!
Thanks!:beer:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murder the lugs. jmo
I thought about it but i can't find a set of aftermarket lugs that do not fall apart after a week,and i kinda like the look sets it off a bit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i got your new stickers

I thought about removing mine, but i like the look since it is the model of the heep. But if anyone would like to send me a set of JKO's for free i wouldn't say no !

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Nice work, looks good. I do like the silver rim edge like Venom's though. Gives a distinct break between the wheel and tire.
I thought about it but i can't find a set of aftermarket lugs that do not fall apart after a week,and i kinda like the look sets it off a bit.
You've got plenty of paint right?:grinpimp:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice work, looks good. I do like the silver rim edge like Venom's though. Gives a distinct break between the wheel and tire.You've got plenty of paint right?:grinpimp:
Actually, no i had a hard time finding the stuff locally went to five different stores just to get 5 cans of the paint and 5 cans of the clear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love it. I would do the same thing to mine, but I don't have another set of wheels and tires. What did you do with your jeep while you were painting them?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love it. I would do the same thing to mine, but I don't have another set of wheels and tires. What did you do with your jeep while you were painting them?[/Q

I gave my orginal wheels to my wife to be to put on her 4 door i still had her 16" steelies so i rode around them for 2 days. It's good to have extra heep parts around never know when you will need them they are for sale BTW all 5 for $400.00 with the TPMS sensors in them in case any one reading this is near pittsburgh , Pa

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice work, looks good. I do like the silver rim edge like Venom's though. Gives a distinct break between the wheel and tire.You've got plenty of paint right?:grinpimp:
I thought about putting that strip around the edge, but i do not have the patience to do that taping that takes alot of time and patience which lack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts