Nice pics.

What did ya think of Back Door?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics.

What did ya think of Back Door?
Scared the shit out of me!!!.... I ACTUALLY didn't have enough balls to gas it!!!

Def. planning on getting a full cage. buying a used cheap hood... replacing the my hood with a beat up cheap hood... taking my windshield off... and with the help of a front axle winch I think if I gun it... 50/50 I'm with making it or rolling!!!

Once I get that cage I gotta try it though!!!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Scared the shit out of me!!!.... I ACTUALLY didn't have enough balls to gas it!!!

Def. planning on getting a full cage. buying a used cheap hood... replacing the my hood with a beat up cheap hood... taking my windshield off... and with the help of a front axle winch I think if I gun it... 50/50 I'm with making it or rolling!!!
Awesome pics!!!! I really like the obstacle in the wash below the entrance to Chocolate Thunder, one of our group flopped there last week and I almost did the same. Lots of tires in the air in your pics, nothing like an "ohh sh!t" moment in the morning to wake you up :grinpimp:.

Oleg, for the waterfall on BD; you should get your front wheels up the fall, then hook up your winch to an anchor point and leave the line a little slack. This will stop you from flipping backward if things don't go according to plan. My club uses this technique all the time and it has saved some Jeeps from going backward. YMMV :grinpimp:.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oleg, for the waterfall on BD; you should get your front wheels up the fall, then hook up your winch to an anchor point and leave the line a little slack. This will stop you from flipping backward if things don't go according to plan. My club uses this technique all the time and it has saved some Jeeps from going backward. YMMV :grinpimp:.
I thought about it... but I'm an idiot... having a winch line for me feels weak... it's all or nothing!!!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks like Hundy has lost his nerve. Now playing it safe with a rock buggy instead of taking risks with his JK that earned him his CMF reputation. Getting old is a bitch! :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Looks like Hundy has lost his nerve. Now playing it safe with a rock buggy instead of taking risks with his JK that earned him his CMF reputation. Getting old is a bitch! :thefinger:

:thefinger: (insert very clever and snappy comeback to Chromedome's jab here):thefinger:

LOL! I am semi retired! Maybe we should do the Mojave trail or something instead of Sledge!:beer:

please excuse me now-- I need to have my Depends changed.....:mr-t:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Serious trail there. Nice pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts