JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we did Johnny Park Rd this weekend 10/24/2010

Location: South of Estes Park, Northwest of Lyons, Longmont and Boulder. Southwest of Loveland and Ft Collins, Colorado.

Difficulty: Difficult. Mostly because of a few sections of steep challenging rock ledges.

Features: Lots of Scenic views and Camp spots.

Distance: 11.7 miles. We did 8 miles and turned around so that we could hit the cool part again.

This is a fun trail and we had a great time. It's only about 1 hour and 20 min. from Denver. MonsterJK led it and did a great job. :beer: Monster!

I will definitely go camping there next year!

Hear are some pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/116158592513048618648/JohnnyParkRd?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvinobHpfTQxQE&feat=directlink
:grinpimp:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ran MSV and Coney flats yesterday. Great day for some trail runs. I tried to see your pics couldn't acces them maybe it is just me though.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put a new link in that should work. Sorry about that.:beer:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
yeah, thats if the mountains dont get completely pounded.... it was a bit harry up in this direction yesterday... couldnt even see the mountains, just a monster black cloud.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, thats if the mountains dont get completely pounded.... it was a bit harry up in this direction yesterday... couldnt even see the mountains, just a monster black cloud.
The wind has been a killer here...my neighbor lost a 35 year old tree this morning. Lucky it fell away from the house.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, and your jeep lol, and Thanks for the cudos... it was my first time runnin a trail.
Holy shit if a tree fell on my Jeep it would be worse then the house...I would cry.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Monster you deserve kudo's, you did a great job. I would have loved to lead but not with Austin in the Jeep.:beer:

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the whiplash factor? is that why?
Not as much that as I have to stop every two minutes for things like he has to take a drink and I don't want cool-aid all over the back seat and then he has to go to the bathroom or get something to eat it's always something. Don't get me wrong though I love having him with me. especialy when were going up a narly line and he's just giggling with this huge smile. It's pretty cool.lol

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem..glad you like em.:beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts