JKOwners Forum banner

Should we add a sub-topic thread for the Jeep JL/JT on our forum?

• Yes; they are also Jeeps & thus deserve a more savvy forum option

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No. JKOwners should remain just that; the best resource for JK/JKU

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am unconcerned , unqualified to answer or don't give a rat's ass

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • bacon

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why da fook we don't have one? It was JKO who steered me to the unedited truth about JKs.
Almost anything you can do to a JK is here, but what about the next gen?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Why would we want one? How many of us have both a JK and A JL/JT?

And with the demographics being what they are we'd cease to be a JK forum pretty quickly. Us JK guys numbers are only going to dwindle from here on out.

I for one have started ditching Jeep vendors that refuse to stop sending me advertisements for a vehicle I don't own.

I don't get why anyone would take a list of JK enthusiasts and send them ads for the new JL stuff...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Why would we want one? How many of us have both a JK and A JL/JT?

And with the demographics being what they are we'd cease to be a JK forum pretty quickly. Us JK guys numbers are only going to dwindle from here on out.

I for one have started ditching Jeep vendors that refuse to stop sending me advertisements for a vehicle I don't own.

I don't get why anyone would take a list of JK enthusiasts and send them ads for the new JL stuff...
True that, how many active posters are here still?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
You me, and about 4 other regulars... everyone else is a drive-by seller or looking for a quick one-time answer.....

Or that's how it seems these days.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I vaguely remember when my xj was fairly new. Then the jk came out and I said, "HOLY FUCK! Who could afford a 4x4 like that? " then I bought one.

·
Banned
702 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with a JL/JT subforum. At least it would give the advertisers that are pushing JL/JT crap a legitimate reason to post it... >:)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I for one would like if we had a JL subforum. I like the unabashed way of JKO and Pirate. No nonsense, no bullshit (unless you ask for it) take on Jeeps and or off-roading.

Most of the JL forums I’ve read have been pretty much how does my navigation work or what’s the Jeep Wave thing. I want the tech. A lot of the times I do t understand it, but more reading and I understand what’s happening.

Also, I’m looking at a JLUR this time around. 2 door jk with a family of 5 just doesn’t work anymore. How I’ll miss my two door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ This is what I figured.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
If anyone buys and builds a JL or JT, I'd be interested - bring that shit here :rockon:

A clean shop build can be interesting if there's custom shit done :D

If someone had 4WP bolt some shit on, maaaybeee :cwm13: post that in Chit Chat :bounce:

If that build is just steekerz 'n' Plasti-Dip, . . . don't . . . seriously, just. . . . no :nono:

Aaaannnnd, . . . random:
The name pigeonholed this website for sure, but JKO's creation was more tactical than strategic.

To fight the sack-licking censorship of Kim Jong Oh, "Pirate Light" :thefinger: was built.

Linked as if it were a "Jeep - JK" subforum of PBB, it kinda-sorta but not really was :laughing:

Now, they're just 2 independent line items on the maple syrup overlords' books.

[/derail]

Thank God for Chit Chat threads :stirthepot:

- Enjoy the veal :thefinger:

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

I only had the briefest of minutes to look over this this morning and wanted to chime in :

@Guruman , w/ the JK / JKU being the most sold model of Wrangler ever , I doubt the numbers nor this place will ever fully dwindle away. Plus, we have a pretty tight bond w one another , so much so that many guys who sell their JK's still frequent this place. That being said, we of course have nowhere near the numbers we did 5 years ago. a rough approximation is we average between 125 and 225 active users per day of which there are about 15 to 30 regulars.

I will see about adding a sub topic for the new models. My local club that I crawl with ( a number of whom are jko members) has new & old existing members who've moved to JL/JLUs . I wheeled with one last year who was a new member & wheeled the crap outta a shiny red Rubicon Unlimited JL. We wheeled with that YouTube, LiteBrite couple at Crawlin for Reid this year , as well. ( by "we" , I mean JK/JKU owners ...)
If nothing else , we can be as merciless to the new model folks as the pirate folks were /are to us ...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It's a little like having a cat portion of your dog show, but I guess I don't care too much.

One thing though, is that with the JK's us old timers have a deep well of hard-fought knowledge. I myself have had 2 JKURs, an '07 and a '13, I lifted, modified, customized and supercharged both of them myself. Along the way I learned a lot.

I don't have that level of knowledge about the JL/JT. I can make some guesses, but that's all, just guesses.

I'm happy to hang out with out JL/JT loving brethren, but I don't think we really have that much to offer them.

So what I propose, is that we pass the hat, and buy me a JT. you know, just so I can be helpful. :surprise:

Reactions: j3ff3ry_j33p

·
Registered
104 Posts
Time to pass all that knowledge along to the "double steering stabilizer setup fixed my death wobble problem" folks in the JL crowd

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I only had the briefest of minutes to look over this this morning and wanted to chime in :

@Guruman , w/ the JK / JKU being the most sold model of Wrangler ever , I doubt the numbers nor this place will ever fully dwindle away. Plus, we have a pretty tight bond w one another , so much so that many guys who sell their JK's still frequent this place. That being said, we of course have nowhere near the numbers we did 5 years ago. a rough approximation is we average between 125 and 225 active users per day of which there are about 15 to 30 regulars.

I will see about adding a sub topic for the new models. My local club that I crawl with ( a number of whom are jko members) has new & old existing members who've moved to JL/JLUs . I wheeled with one last year who was a new member & wheeled the crap outta a shiny red Rubicon Unlimited JL. We wheeled with that YouTube, LiteBrite couple at Crawlin for Reid this year , as well. ( by "we" , I mean JK/JKU owners ...)
If nothing else , we can be as merciless to the new model folks as the pirate folks were /are to us ...:laugh:
this site has basically become fucking gayolife. sad but true. In fact I often wonder if little edi is running the place.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts

@Guruman , the 'hard fought & earned' nature of the knowledge you have + everyone well here is a valid ,good point. Maybe my old adage of this being JKOWNERS and only jkowners should stay in effect.

@Jadmt you still can't get that Wayoflife banner decal off your damn windshield, can you? :thefinger:

methinks we needs a poll

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
@Guruman , the 'hard fought & earned' nature of the knowledge you have + everyone well here is a valid ,good point. Maybe my old adage of this being JKOWNERS and only jkowners should stay in effect.

@Jadmt you still can't get that Wayoflife banner decal off your damn windshield, can you? :thefinger:

methinks we needs a poll

Never had one. I got lucky and was run off gayolife in 2012 when I said AEV made quality lifts. I think I had maybe 10 posts at the time and I had just found the site so I was lucky I never had a chance to drink the Koolaid.

·
Super Moderator
6,181 Posts
Never had one. I got lucky and was run off gayolife in 2012 when I said AEV made quality lifts. I think I had maybe 10 posts at the time and I had just found the site so I was lucky I never had a chance to drink the Koolaid.

that's awesome.
" AEV makes a nice lift."

BOOM!

lmao. What choads.

I was phuckin w/ ya. I know you didn't sport a banner for that place.
The tattoo you have of Eddie on your calf is more than enough homage...

>:)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It's been a long time since we had a proper JKO poll... So Bacon.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Bacon is always the proper choice! >:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts