JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to go with a combination of tops and doors that I had never seen on a Jeep before (not to say it doesn't exist). I replaced the worn out soft top with a used hardtop and had it color match painted. A friend of mine referred me to another friend of his that does body work. He painted the entire top for $350 (including the price of paint). A Google search didn't render any results of this combination of top and doors so I decided to post some pictures to help other Jeepers decide if it was something they wanted to do.

Before:

After:

I may invest in another soft top one day but the hardtop makes traveling (especially during the winter) much more peaceful. All feedback is appreciated! :koolaid:

· Registered
822 Posts
I think it's a neat idea and it's something I've been considerning myself (half doors and hard top)

However, I like the contrast that the hard top provides, so I'm not sure I'd paint it.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
I bet it looks better with the half windows off. Any pics of it like that? I'm gonna agree with the others, I think the top would be better in black to match the windows and give some contrast. However I don't like painted tops at all usually.

· Registered
430 Posts
a black top and the top half of the B-pillar should be blacked out too, kinda sticks out between the doors

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also think the contrast looks better with black. The problem was that I got a good deal ($800) on the a glossy black hardtop. The contrast between the half uppers and the the glossy black looked funny too. Now that it's painted green, I think I should have just went with a matte black.

I'll get a picture of it without the half uppers on as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

· Registered
4 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
looks nice guys...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.