JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to go with a combination of tops and doors that I had never seen on a Jeep before (not to say it doesn't exist). I replaced the worn out soft top with a used hardtop and had it color match painted. A friend of mine referred me to another friend of his that does body work. He painted the entire top for $350 (including the price of paint). A Google search didn't render any results of this combination of top and doors so I decided to post some pictures to help other Jeepers decide if it was something they wanted to do.

Before:

After:

I may invest in another soft top one day but the hardtop makes traveling (especially during the winter) much more peaceful. All feedback is appreciated! :koolaid:

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think it's a neat idea and it's something I've been considerning myself (half doors and hard top)

However, I like the contrast that the hard top provides, so I'm not sure I'd paint it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I too have thought about that if I ever snagged a pair of mopar half doors. X2 on the leaving the hard top black though.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I bet it looks better with the half windows off. Any pics of it like that? I'm gonna agree with the others, I think the top would be better in black to match the windows and give some contrast. However I don't like painted tops at all usually.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
i dont like it but its not my jeep. i do like the idea of a hardtop with 1/2 doors, but as ill never get oem 1/2 doors there goes that idea

·
Registered
990 Posts
That certainly is different. I think if it was black it may have blended better, but I've always liked half doors better than full.

Would you be able to take pictures with the windows out and the hard top on?

·
Registered
430 Posts
a black top and the top half of the B-pillar should be blacked out too, kinda sticks out between the doors

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also think the contrast looks better with black. The problem was that I got a good deal ($800) on the a glossy black hardtop. The contrast between the half uppers and the the glossy black looked funny too. Now that it's painted green, I think I should have just went with a matte black.

I'll get a picture of it without the half uppers on as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
371 Posts
looks nice guys...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts