JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Diabolicalinc JKU Rear security box with lockable drawer

I am very happy with my new Diabolicalinc.com, JKU rear lockable storage box that I needed to share the info.

Let me start with the reasons I chose the Diabolical box over the industry favs… Smittybilt and Tuffy:

1. Weight – It’s a 70lb aluminum box instead of a 100+ lb steel one.
2. Design - This is a drawer style box measuring in at 34X26X12 with a true drawer height of 9.75. It can be mounted in any vehicle (space provided) with no drilling required! The drawer is completely enclosed in the box with factory installed mounting attach points. Nutserts have been used around the perimeter of the box allowing multiple options for mounting.

Included with the box, for no additional charge, were four removable dividers and a top rail for each side. If needed, the rails can be used to tie down equipment set on top of the box. Another cool feature is the hinged top cover on the storage drawer. This came in handy for making lunches on the trail. No expensive tailgate table needed here! The top also keeps things from shifting so nothing jams up the drawer while wheeling.

The box came fully assembled with a flat black powder coat finish as well as the brackets. The front mounts utilize the pre-installed nutserts on the box to attach the bracket and then the bracket attaches to the back seat mount posts on the floor. The passenger side of the box, using the angle bracket, attach to the subwoofer’s front floor mounts. Driver side of the box, using the bracket, mounts to the D-ring on the floor near the tailgate latch. Moving the box is made easier by the carrying handles found on each side.

Last weekend’s Rubicon trip was the box’s maiden voyage. Total contents of the drawer weighed in at 130lbs and everything worked perfectly. The next trip will probably be closer to 170lbs now that I know I can stuff more crap in there. Everything was at my fingertips without having to do a complete gear dump. The hassle of finding some tape or that bottle of brake clean is a distant memory.

I am excited that wheeling season is upon us so I can really put this Diabolical box to good use.
View attachment 221498

View attachment 221506

View attachment 221514

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
That's a nice box. I put the Mac's black box in mine. It sits to the top of the tub in the back and has a sliding cover like yours. Keeps the pile under control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting a damn old thread, but don't you know where to get one in 2020? I want to buy it or make something similar on my own. I want to see a price. If it will be cheaper to make it on my own, I will make it. I have even found some fine German telescopic rails (or as they call it - teleskopschienen). I think finding some wood or/and steel parts won't be much problem. And the schematics is avaliable, I guess. I want to know how much money did you spent on this thing - maybe I can find cheap security box somewhere?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts