JKOwners Forum banner

581 - 600 of 605 Posts

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
My dog Sprocket helping me tonight switch out the forks on the new ebike build. Did a brake check, so far, all my brackets/frame mounts are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
Thanks Kevin!
My buddy had sent me a Facebook marketplace ad for an electric drift trike for $50. It didn't work. I looked at it, and told him to buy or else I would. It had components worth it, was $600 new. He got it. I helped him go thru it. Problem was a couple of bad connections, works like new now. He brought it over today. I had a blast. Wiped out once. Was well worth it. Decided to revamp the frame build I started a while back. Did some work tonight on it.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
If you have never reseated a blown tire bead offroad with just a ratchet strap and a compressor, you wont know how much fun it was to mount and seat this little 10" tires on a 5" rim. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Did some painting
I hate painting

It is a pita but gives instant satisfaction once your done. I hate paiting but I hate the prep work more-lol.

Looking good and give ur daughter a helmet for that rocket

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Thanks Kevin, Fklein and Will!
I ordered a 48v 20ah battery for the drift trike, but it is Rona hold from China :(
So I figured, what the heck, what could go wrong with using 3 - 18 volt ryobi batteries? Lol. I didn't want to ruin them by soldering anything to them, so i wrapped up the connections and zip tied them. Duct tape and zip ties= the offroaders #1 go to.
Well, it worked. I rode the drift trike for the first time in the garage tonight and even pulled off a drift in the tiny amount of space. Tomorrow i will video it out in the street and let the daughter ride it. I only have 6ah, so it wont last long. Maybe 15 minutes. It is a blast already. The controller is mounted on the back of the gusset. But I found out I do have enough cable to mount it underneath so I will be changing that next week.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Wish I could post small videos here, but I will put together a youtube video soon. If you haven't checked out my channel- pvanweelden or search for pvanfab.

The trike is an absolute blast!!! And fast too. Probably faster than the fat tire ebike, as it has less rolling resistance.
Daughter and I rode it for 20 minutes earlier and are currently taking it out again for another spin or two ;)

Drifting at speed is insanely fun.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
I have already modified the drift trike. Lol. My street has 3 speed bumps. For a parking lot, the original design was perfect, but on my street, the front of the battery box would drag a little. So I started redesigning and wanted to truss the axle to support more weight as several of my 350 pound friends expressed interest in riding it.
Heres the initial video I did.

And here are some updated pics.
The controller is now mounted underneath with a skid plate

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Modifications to the drift trike are done. 2nd video-

Got a little more fab work done on the Board Track Racer. Made some handlebars, Motor mount. brake calipers, derailer mounted and working. Even tho it is only tack welded and the cranks weren't bolted on, I took it for a test spin.

Well, I guess I cant upload pics now, and I should still be a red star. Just fails every time I try to upload one pic.

Heres a video for the board track racer

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
Moving soon. We had planned on moving out of town when our daughter graduated, but a property came up for sale, and we went for it. 4.7 acres on a dead end street, surrounded on 3 sides by 89 acres of Forrest Preserve. 1 day on the market, multiple offers, but we got it ;)

581 - 600 of 605 Posts