JKOwners Forum banner

561 - 580 of 605 Posts

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
lol, fklein! yes indeed.

i decided to take most of the pics posted here on the mini jeep build and put them all together with a few videos for a build video-

will have a video soon for the ebike and downdraft table

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
The build of the new ebike had been on hold as the motors were out of stock, but I finally got one ordered Friday.

I needed a way to keep the rear dropouts (rear axle mounts) lined up from side to side, and since the pieces are different, that was a challenge, but I thankfully made them with a little character of a triangle cut and straight edge. So i used that to make a jig.

Heres a video of the down draft table.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
A little more progress on the new ebike. Got the rear wheel motor and front rim plus rear rim for bike #3.
Made the seat stays and bent and notched chain stays. Made the supports for the bottom bracket. Had to get clever to notch the seat stay hoop. Took my ebike for a ride today.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Nice work

Is that white stuff snow? Havent even had a flurry here this year. Although there was an indoor ski hill in the Meadowlands opened recently.

Gonna be 60+ today so they better have the AC working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
You're getting quite the production facility going there.

Did you ever finish the half doors?:thefinger:

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Thanks Fklein and Kevin!
It has been another mild winter here, yesterday was 60 degrees but it is supposed to snow again tomorrow.

Kevin- thanks! And I really should have started separate threads for all the different things in this one thread. I tried to rename the thread but it wouldn't let me.
One day, not soon, lol, I will finish the doors ;)

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
You're getting quite the production facility going there.

Did you ever finish the half doors?:thefinger:
Can't finish them or he would have to start a new thread with a less catchy title to draw in the masses

Would love to take a spin on one of these. How quiet are they? I wouldn't want to drive one here in NJ though (would be hazardous to your health without some pipes rumbling).

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Lol, Fklein!
Actually the ebikes are probably too quiet for safety reasons, I always ride defensively with it. Heres a build video I did for it, with a video near the beginning where you can hear the ebike barely

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Barely audible/be careful in stealth mode

I dont think we are getting any snow this year/hasn't even been very cold overall here. Forest fire yesterday in an area I would expect to be covered in snow this time of year/was 60 today.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Did a little tube prep work today on the seat tube and chain stays, seat stay so I can set them up in the frame jig and start welding.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
All ready to weld. Cant even explain how long it takes to get everything to this point and how time consuming it is.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
One step forward, 2 steps back lol. Did some welding yesterday. Pulled the frame out of the jig. Unfortunately the seat tube got twisted and I didn't notice before I tacked it up, so I will have to cut that back out and redo it. Heres a mock up of what it will hopefully look like when I am closer to done.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
Decided to mock it up. Seat tube still needs to be replaced. Fork is just my mock up, haven't finished the real one yet. Pic of the wheelset

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
That looks like an old board racer. I dig it.

I'll go ahead and say it. You should take the leap and build a real motorcycle. I know I'm not the first to tell you that. I think you'd surprise even yourself.

Besides, buying all those batteries has to have put you on some watch list with a 3 letter agency.:thefinger:

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
That looks like an old board racer. I dig it.

I'll go ahead and say it. You should take the leap and build a real motorcycle. I know I'm not the first to tell you that. I think you'd surprise even yourself.

Besides, buying all those batteries has to have put you on some watch list with a 3 letter agency.:thefinger:
Thanks Kevin!
I probably will end up building a gas bike at some point ;)
I do have another one after this to do, but will be electric as well

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
Cut out the seat tube, made a new one, still needs holes in it and cut out bottom bracket shell. Need to renotch bottom tube.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Redid the seat tube and bottom bracket. Re notched the bottom tube at the seat post so the seat tube follows the rear tire better.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
The "engine" gives it a real nice look. 67 here today so nice riding weather

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
Thanks Fklein!
I didn't update last weekend because I was busy with a swap meet/vendor show- Wild Wade's. My 3rd year of attending as a vendor. Was a lot of fun and great turnout.
Heres some pics of my booth. I took the fat tire ebike, board track racer, gladiator gas firepit, mini jeep and trailer, jk firepit, Toyota firepit

561 - 580 of 605 Posts