JKOwners Forum banner

541 - 560 of 605 Posts

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
It rolls super easy just with the socket and breaker bar. I did decide tonight to step up from 1.25" od to 1.5". Pics later

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
Heres a pic with the 1.5" rollers. And my buddy Brad painted my welder cart for me and brought it back today. What better way to support the good ole red white and blue?

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Thanks Fklein! Hope you had a great Christmas! Tonight I rolled 16ga x 19" no problem and also 12ga x 7" without issue. Love this slip roller.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Thanks Groundhawg! :) heres a quick video I did showing some of the manual rolling with the slip roller.

And tonight I built a new gas tank for the track board ebike. Happy new year jko!

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
Very honored and cool that a pic of my green jkur at Middle St Vrain/Coney Flats in Colorado was selected for the cover photo at National Jeep Off-road Association fb page and website.

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
Mock up of the gas tank in the frame jig. The clamps in the frame jig dont allow the tank to fit as close to the top tube as it will afterwards but looks great so far

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
So, I bought a Klutch fixture welding table, on sale for $149 and a $20 off coupon. Added 2 box fans and filters, casters and 2 sheets of 16 gauge. Down draft table. For grinding and welding. Video to follow soon.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
You get more done in 3 posts than I have in 6 months-lol.

How big is that shop?....

I'll be back/just got some motivation to clean out the garage so I can walk from one side to the other. Anyone need a 289 motor from a 67 mustang by chance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #555
That table looks sweet. How thick is the top?
It is 4mm. Before I got it, I was torn between the klutch $129 or a certiflat 2x3 for $289. The certiflat is obviously superior, but I couldn't justify doubling the cost for the difference of .157" thickness to .1875".
Especially since it will be used more for grinding than welding, as I have the other certiflat wings to weld on

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Tonight I finished up adding the filter clamp pieces on the inside, adding a handle and scale needle holder, grinder holder/pliers/glasses holder, mig/tig torch holder. Oh, and I got another future shop dog besides Bolt and Sprocket. Meet Axle

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
So, I am just that kind of asshole that takes an ebike to a motorcycle show ;) and turns out, it is more of a motorcycle swap meet than a show as 3/4 of the event hall was swap meet and only 20 show bikes. Each bike was a 50k plus show bike. And then there was my pos ebike lol. I felt for sure like i didn't belong. Not only the only electric. But a bicycle at a harley/Indian show. But, I overheard 2 kids talking. The first one says "i will take the orange bike (60k+ harley road king with air suspension and custom bags, paint, 30" front tire, 9000 watt stereo) and the 2nd kid says "nah, I will take the pedal bike"
Damn. That is a proud moment for me

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #558
Another proud moment for me today was, on my way to the bike show, I found out my kid bowled his first 300 game and a 741 series

541 - 560 of 605 Posts