JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Tried to search for "JKS" but it can't handle that few letters. Anyways, has anyone purchased either the ACOS or ACOS PRO system for their JK? Looks like a pretty good idea to be able to adjust as needed but does it have any negatives?

Thx

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Great idea...if you like cutting, sanding, and welding BEFORE you get to install these puppies...if I said it once, I'll say it again...I don't slice, cut, dice, burn, sand, weld, torch, drill, barbecue, broil, fry, boil. microwave, or otherwise mutilate my JK permanently simply to install some manufacturer's poorly thoughtout aftermarket mod...if I can't return my JK to OEM on trading day, then it's not gonna' be on my Jeep.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You don't need to use the forum's limited search capability. You can use your favorite search engine. I prefer search.live.com. Here's a search string you could use:

site:jkowners.com +jks

By the way, jks picks up "JKs" so you might want to add the acos keyword so your search string would be:

site:jkowners.com +jks +acos

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have a set of ACOS Pros on the front of my JK. I think they are great. Sure the install does require some cutting and welding but I wouldn't go so far as described above. They are a permanent replacement of your factory bumpstop system. The instruction even state something to the effect of it being a permanent modification although, if you can cut/weld I don't see why you couldn't return it back to OEM if so desired.

I have adjusted the ride height a couple of times now for various reasons. Each time I have been able to go to Teraflex Plus and use thier ramp to help dial in the bumpstops.

I did a write up on the install, here is a link:

Front Bumper & ACOS Pro Install

I haven't personally seen or met anyone else that has them installed but anyone that see's them on my rig seems to be familiar with as well as likes them. I have read online about several older Jeeps having them, or at least the ACOS alone, installed to help with one or the other sides being low and these were used to level them out.

I would recommend them, but at the same time I can see how they would not be for everyone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have them (ACOS PRO) on the front of ours. Easy install. Price is a bit steep if you are not going to push the Jeep through the woops to need the air bumps, but they are nice when you get agressive on 2 -track or dirt. For normal use I would say the standard ACOS would be the ticket. We've run them on many projects over the years (even in places Jim doesn't have an application for) with great results.

Didn't put them out back yet, only needed a slight boost in the front to take up for the heavy PowerPlant winch and for R&D as we work on a full width bumper. I loathe the nose low look on a Jeep and with these as we add or subtract weight to the shop rig I can keep it level. :D

Dustoff '68 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
We have them (ACOS PRO) on the front of ours. Easy install. Price is a bit steep if you are not going to push the Jeep through the woops to need the air bumps, but they are nice when you get agressive on 2 -track or dirt. For normal use I would say the standard ACOS would be the ticket. We've run them on many projects over the years (even in places Jim doesn't have an application for) with great results.

Didn't put them out back yet, only needed a slight boost in the front to take up for the heavy PowerPlant winch and for R&D as we work on a full width bumper. I loathe the nose low look on a Jeep and with these as we add or subtract weight to the shop rig I can keep it level. :D

Dustoff '68 :rolleyes:
RockYacht: Outstanding first post :stirthepot::puke::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: now, while you are on a roll, introduce yourself in the Welcome Room, and join up and get your Red Star...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RockYacht: Outstanding first post :stirthepot::puke::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: now, while you are on a roll, introduce yourself in the Welcome Room, and join up and get your Red Star...
?????????? I don't get it. What just happened here? Why are there two Rock Yachts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
?????????? I don't get it. What just happened here? Why are there two Rock Yachts?
I don't know why he registered twice but if it is the same guy, he is worth listening too. However, he and Dustoff got into it a little in another thread. Their disagreement mainly boils down to the fact that some people would rather not modify their vehicles beyond a point that is not easily put back to stock, and some people don't mind. Some fabricator/suppliers cater more to the later.

Sorry for the hijack. I have nothing constructive to add except that I used to run a JKS tie rod and I do run their disconnects on my TJ and I have always pleased with their products :beer:

peter

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oops, guess I have an alter ego. ;)

Hey Dusty, I'll see your red star and raise you a yellow star. :D :beer:

"Zylfrax791", if you have any more ?'s on the ACOS, give me a call. They are a nice piece, machine work is very nice as is the fit/finish.

Bob

·
Registered
169 Posts

There is a:

Rockyacht
and
Rock_Yacht

or something like that...I think it has something to do with Magic or Voodoo! :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
When I went from 35's to 37's I needed a little more lift. I did not want to worry about plastic spacers cracking, squeeking etc and I like the idea of being able to adjust my ride height when I pull my trailer.....ACOS was really the only option but I couldn't be happier!!! :bounce: Yeah it's semi permanent but I am NEVER going to sell my Jeep so it's ALL GOOD!!

Before and After the ACOS....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts