JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
Are you SURE?

Huh, :dunno: - I have paid memberships to JKO, Pirate, and one other forum owned by VS, and haven't had this happen.

Are you sure JKO did this? :dunno: This is the first I've heard of it (but I don't know shit about VS's email security).

EDIT: :idea: - did you uncheck all the boxes that say ~ "share all my shit with marketing partners"? :dunno:
I'm just grasping at straws here, trying to understand what appears to be an isolated incident.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
First I've heard of anything like this but Admin would have to chime in here as I really don't know what they do with email info. I will say that I've never gotten any complaints or concerns about this and I personally have never come across anything that ever led me to think that my own email info had been compromised, sold, etc. News to me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have been on here several years and have yet to get spam from it. I would love to know how you have come to the conclusion that JKO sold your info that could make for an interesting read.

·
A JKO DICK
3,688 Posts
No problems here either, but we all have stars. Could be that non-paying members get sold? Like EX siad it could be an opt out thing. My brain is on auto opt out for any shit like that.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
Have never gotten spam that could in any way shape or form be contributed to JKO selling me out.

Still waiting on how you came to this conclusion.

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
So, crofford -

It looks like 6 people are leaning toward "OP is full of shit ".

:dunno: - suggest presenting evidence ASAP.​

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
#1 No Problems

#2 Why would you even use your "real email" for a site like this anyways, you know you can get a gmail account in like 5 mins max.....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Jkowners gave my phone number to telemarketers. I know this because I use my phone to browse jko, and I get telemarketers calling...obvious really.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have never had an issue, I did however listen to the warnings awhile back and change all my passwords after there was supposedly a security compromise effecting multiple forums

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Reactions: ExWrench

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
So Crofford, which of the following have happened to you?

1. Being followed by men in dark suits and Blues Brothers sunglasses.
2. Often see black little bird choppers with men dressed in black standing on the skids hovering over you.
3. Often hear strange clicks on your phone.
4. Your favorite tin foil hat is in the shape of a fedora.
5. Your wife often moans while on her cell phone.
6. You see small circular flying objects with four propellers making a whirring sound hovering over you no matter where you are.
7. Your dog growls at you and sleeps on your wife's side of the bed because they both think you're a lowlife.
8. You bought your JK second hand from Pink Jeep Tours because of the color.
9. You talk with a lisp and have a limp right hand.

Please make the selections and reply back in this thread so that we may better help you. :x:x

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
The only thing I ever got from jkowners was a dirty pirate hooker with squaids.

Oh and never any spam from them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sooooo...still waiting for the admins to chime in. unless i missed an admin posting, i 100% bet you that they in some way or form give this forums information out...ADMINS....can you clear this us real quick once and for all?

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
sooooo...still waiting for the admins to chime in. unless i missed an admin posting, i 100% bet you that they in some way or form give this forums information out...ADMINS....can you clear this us real quick once and for all?
:cwm13:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts