JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making an event in the calendar, And on another site i use they have an events/gatherings section. A forum dedicated to Events would be a nice touch!

Also.

Can you make the events started in the Calendar function as a thread? I posted up on the Disney trip July 4th, And expected it to show up in the new posts, But it did not.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
52 Posts
agreed, I like the way it is on SWMO, you guy just don't know how helpful it would be...:bounce:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
may want to post those suggestions over in this thread!

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1762

:beer::beer:

the awesome thing about this forum, we have Lance as our admin! He started this thread to get our opinions and he actually went to work for a couple of days and made a lot of the suggestions a reality! I imagine he still monitors this thread and listens to your concerns! He is sorta ghostly lurker around here, lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was making an event in the calendar, And on another site i use they have an events/gatherings section. A forum dedicated to Events would be a nice touch!

Also.

Can you make the events started in the Calendar function as a thread? I posted up on the Disney trip July 4th, And expected it to show up in the new posts, But it did not.

Thanks

Adam

You coming out my way on the 4th?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
and while you're gathering and wheeling, get that Red Star....

Did I hear I'm a cheapskate?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a few suggestions of my own.

I don't like the way this place is run at all. First, moderators and admins, I don't like the way you endorse sponsors and suppress members who criticize their products. Second, PM stands for Private Message, not Open and enjoy. Third....oh.....wait. Wrong forum. Nevermind.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a few suggestions of my own.

I don't like the way this place is run at all. First, moderators and admins, I don't like the way you endorse sponsors and suppress members who criticize their products. Second, PM stands for Private Message, not Open and enjoy. Third....oh.....wait. Wrong forum. Nevermind.
:laughing2:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lance,

I am Bumping this thread for your viewing pleasure! ;)

Adam

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I've created a Events and Gatherings forum, and I've also tightened down the bolts on the registration process which should slow down the spammers.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent!

:)

·
Registered
630 Posts
sounds like a good plan. It seemed as though recently we got quite a few spammers.

I know totalkarnage.net was suffering from alot of spamming as well and it is a small local club.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i suggest making the "chit chat" forum only viewable to members.

and that the member "mongoose" be banned for spying.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think you should go in once in a while and disable a non-sponsor link to some really helpful information. That way all the banned folks over here wouldn't feel so left out.

For reals though, make it easier to post pictures for those of us without photobucket accounts.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
For reals though, make it easier to post pictures for those of us without photobucket accounts.
Making a photobucket account is easy and free, so I'm not sure where the hassle is.

As this is a privately run forum, it makes sense to limit the upload capacity for people. Megabytes cost money, both in terms of hard drive space and bandwidth expense.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm a private person by nature and am not real interested in posting my photographs in a general area of the internet. My desire to post pictures on this site is to help other folks out with my experience (re: mistakes.) Judging by the general lack of picts on this forum as compared with others, I would say I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
I think you should go in once in a while and disable a non-sponsor link to some really helpful information. That way all the banned folks over here wouldn't feel so left out.

I created an album in the user cp and just uploaded the pics. Then I copied the link in my posts.

Also there's this:

Extreme Membership (Red Star)
Currently it's a free for all here at JKOwners.com. That's because we want our community to grow! So help us pay the bills around here, so we can advertise, and make this place grow to be the #1 JK resource on the Internet.

Currently Red star members get the following added benefits:

* A Red Star next to your name
* Unlimited uploads (registered members are only allowed 10mb)
* Much larger PM Box 500PMs vs. 100PMs for registered members
* Ability to post events in the Calendar
* Custom title under name
* Larger profile picture than registered members
* Qualify for all future red star member only product giveaways

If you are a current red star member, your account will automatically renew on your expiration date. There is no need to renew. If your account doesn't automatically renew, feel free to contact us. If you don't want your star to automatically renew, you can cancel your automatic subscription in Paypal.
I think that unlimited uploads refers to pics. You can also make albums private and only share them with who you want. I guess you can do that with photobucket also but I only have two pictures saved there. Too lazy to try all the features.:thefinger:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Lance...

Is there a way to have the USA Regional areas only viewable to members with XX amount post. For example, 25 or 50 posts.

We have a few members here that are spies for other websites and they are on the lookout over here.

For example, One of the members here is trying to plan a trail ride for members. One of the other members here put that trail ride up over in the other forum to get more jeeps to show up and that thread got deleted because of the association between to the two threads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts