JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JKOwners Calender

Are you using the JKOwners Calender? This could be a great tool to help get everyone together for runs and events. :bounce:

Check it regularly for your events. Add your events to meet our JKOwner community.

It is a good thing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I try to add an event, I get a message that I don't have sufficient privileges to use the calendar...

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:stirthepot:

Membership has it's privileges. :grinpimp:

If you PM me an event, I can add it for you, for now, until either Lance tells me to stop it or you pony up. :smokin:

I'll only do one or two that benefit the JK community so choose wisely. After that you'll have to pay to play.

:blender::blender::blender::blender: = membership that lasts all year and you don't get a hangover. :bounce:

·
Registered
749 Posts
There are no losers on this forum,,all you need is ....

·
Registered
54 Posts
JKOwners Calender

Are you using the JKOwners Calender?
Sorry - I must have misunderstood. I thought you said the JKOwners Calendar... not the "paid membership" calendar. :shaking:

No big deal - I don't really mean to push the issue, but I think this exposes the future direction of this site pretty clearly: you've gotta pay to play. :thefinger:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry - I must have misunderstood. I thought you said the JKOwners Calendar... not the "paid membership" calendar. :shaking:

No big deal - I don't really mean to push the issue, but I think this exposes the future direction of this site pretty clearly: you've gotta pay to play. :thefinger:
:laughing:

Sorry man not my call. Please feel free to bring it up to Lance I actually didn't know you couldn't use it when I posted this. Bummer.

I heard an old ancient Chinese proverb that says, "you get what you pay for". :laughing:

·
Registered
147 Posts
:laughing:

Sorry man not my call. Please feel free to bring it up to Lance I actually didn't know you couldn't use it when I posted this. Bummer.

I heard an old ancient Chinese proverb that says, "you get what you pay for". :laughing:
Well so much for freedom and equality for all around here. I mean seriously was not this place founded on the fact that we needed a place we could all be equals? Now if the calendar is to be used by only the admin or the moderators able to add stuff that is understandable because it keeps every little dog's birthday, time to go through a mudpuddle, or gee it's my time of the month off the calendar. But if you have to be a paid member (ie buy a red star) to use post on it then the freedom this place was founded on just went out the window. I want to know which it is. Do you have to pay up to be allowed to post on the calendar or is it strictly an admin/mod function?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well so much for freedom and equality for all around here. I mean seriously was not this place founded on the fact that we needed a place we could all be equals? Now if the calendar is to be used by only the admin or the moderators able to add stuff that is understandable because it keeps every little dog's birthday, time to go through a mudpuddle, or gee it's my time of the month off the calendar. But if you have to be a paid member (ie buy a red star) to use post on it then the freedom this place was founded on just went out the window. I want to know which it is. Do you have to pay up to be allowed to post on the calendar or is it strictly an admin/mod function?
"OnlyInMyJeep",,,it's not a Mod/Admin only function,...this what I read before I donated $20 to help support this Forum.. I figured that I pay $20 a year to keep our Jeep Club alive, now keep in mind, this is only me!, and you definitely have a the right to question it.....Hpoe this helps...
Currently Red star members get the following added benefits: * A Red Star next to your name * Unlimited uploads (registered members are only allowed 10mb) * Much larger PM Box 500PMs vs. 100PMs for registered members * Ability to post events in the Calendar * Custom title under name * Larger profile picture than registered members * Qualify for all future red star member only product giveaways

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WTF?
Lance said:
Support JKOwners.com and get a red star!
Currently it's a free for all here at JKOwners.com. That's because we want our community to grow! So help us pay the bills around here, so we can advertise, and make this place grow to be the #1 JK resource on the Internet. Currently Red star members get the following added benefits: * A Red Star next to your name * Unlimited uploads (registered members are only allowed 10mb) * Much larger PM Box 500PMs vs. 100PMs for registered members * Ability to post events in the Calendar * Custom title under name * Larger profile picture than registered members * Qualify for all future red star member only product giveaways Click here to learn how to get a red star
I'm lost on why this is such a huge issue? I mean I paid my way for every forum I belong too. I paid to be a life member at JeepForum. I guess I don't understand. I'd much rather it be my money keeping a forum going that someone who can influence the opinion of the admin, mods and board.

No one is forcing you to do anything. No one is extorting money from you to allow you to post. The principal of this board has not changed. No one is telling you what you can or can not say or post. No one is being silenced. No one is being censored. This is how Pirate4x4 runs and Pirate4x4 is the parent of this board.

So if you don't want to pay a "dues", if you will, of twenty lousy bucks so you can post an event in the calender, then that is your choice. You can still read, post and be a part of the community.

I guess what it really boils down to, and to very loosely quote one of my favorite Internet personalities, "this board didn't appear by magic and without costs". So someone has to pay. You can can freely choose who pays. You can have someone else pay and then have to listen to their opinion or you can pay and express your own.

It's your choice, choose wisely.

But don't worry, if you decide not to pay but still want to stick around, you are a welcomed part of the community. Just no more about what a member gets over a welcomed visitor. You can freely become a member, its just 20 bucks.

:beer:

·
Registered
147 Posts
WTF?I'm lost on why this is such a huge issue? I mean I paid my way for every forum I belong too. I paid to be a life member at JeepForum. I guess I don't understand. I'd much rather it be my money keeping a forum going that someone who can influence the opinion of the admin, mods and board.

No one is forcing you to do anything. No one is extorting money from you to allow you to post. The principal of this board has not changed. No one is telling you what you can or can not say or post. No one is being silenced. No one is being censored. This is how Pirate4x4 runs and Pirate4x4 is the parent of this board.

So if you don't want to pay a "dues", if you will, of twenty lousy bucks so you can post an event in the calender, then that is your choice. You can still read, post and be a part of the community.

I guess what it really boils down to, and to very loosely quote one of my favorite Internet personalities, "this board didn't appear by magic and without costs". So someone has to pay. You can can freely choose who pays. You can have someone else pay and then have to listen to their opinion or you can pay and express your own.

It's your choice, choose wisely.

But don't worry, if you decide not to pay but still want to stick around, you are a welcomed part of the community. Just no more about what a member gets over a welcomed visitor. You can freely become a member, its just 20 bucks.

:beer:
Okay now I am getting told I can't discuss the fact that a paid member gets to do things and participate in things a non-paying member does. I don't recall anything about paid membership benifits or anything when I signed up and joined as a member of this board. Of course then it was not a Pirate 4X4 board either. HMMM what other changes are in store? If you recall I was holding my judgement on this site till a later date and this is one of the primary reasons why. BTW it is not about the calendar or not because that does not matter however there are going to be paying member give-a-ways, functions non-paying members can't access and increased storage limits for pm's as well as when and if the photo album gets up and running. None of this was the case when I signed up and has been a more recent development. All I want to know is where else is this heading? Only paid members can post pictures in messages? Only paid members can start topics? I mean come on we all know this is the case on other message boards with memberships.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please head on over to Pirate4x4.com.

I would speculate that what is there will be here, as those that own this board, own that one.

Don't forget when you are remembering the difference from then and now is that then, we didn't even have a calender or any other cool stuff. Lance just bought that feature for us. :bounce:

FWIW, I'm not telling you to do anything. I'm just saying I don't want to hear anymore. That's my choice to not listen. :thefinger:

This isn't my board. I do not have a crystal ball nor am I party to what Lance may have up his sleeves. Well other than growth and this being the best forum on the Internet where you can get unbiased information and speak freely without being censored.

I'd say don't sweat the small stuff and stick around and see what happens. Again your input in this forum is needed just as much as mine. :bounce:

·
Registered
749 Posts
OIMJ, can I quote your sig back to you?
Yes we all can,..
"Gib",...just setting here looking at a very unique location,.. "Baghdad Irag".
Things have changed for best over the years for our Service men,.... man it would of been so neat to type a note to my Dad after one our many firefights with the NVA saying ?I'm still a live. I'm glad all you guy's/Girl's are well taken care of, just the way it should be. Semper Fi.
"Yes we can all get along".

Oops! well I see your a contractor, well your still in middle of the [email protected]

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
i have been a paying member on pirate for a while, i have no problem paying 20 bucks, i posted a similar thread on the "other" forum about this and stated i did not have a problem with paying to be on a site like this and i will have a red star shortly. giving 20 bucks to keep a sight going that supports our sport is well worth it to me. Lance and the rest of the higher ups at pirate have sent out countless threads and emails on orginizations to keep our trails open . i know on my local bb (colorado4x4.org) camo has a bet with a member to raise 20k to keep trails open in our state(if you don't know who camo is, search is your friend) point being they really love there sport and work hard to keep trails open.i guess my point being to me using this site and pirate is worth 20 bucks.:beer:

·
Registered
147 Posts
OIMJ, can I quote your sig back to you?
Gib my signature has nothing to do with this issue. It is rather more involved than that. I have the same sig nature line on another board I visit that has been run through the wringer over here. My Sig is in reference to the hate and discontent that appears to exist between members of the two boards.
All of the above aside I still say that it is not fair or right to those whe joined this board and helped it grow to be excluded from activities now due to the board suddenly offering a paid premimum membership. It is not about the $20, where the money goes, or anything of that sort but rather the principal of the thing.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Geez o man...

From what I've gathered since joining here is that this is a place for open unbiased discussion. You can give opinions about products...positive or negative. You can read opinions about products without wondering if a particular product is held in high regard because the company who makes it is a paying sponsor for the board. You can link to other websites without concern for getting slapped on the wrist...or even having your post deleted...or getting yourself banned. And you get all of that for free.

There's more to "helping the board grow" than signing up for a user name and becoming a member. They're asking for a donation, and giving some extras to those who do. That's all.

Remember not long ago when Jeep started giving out those lifetime powertrain warranties? Did anyone here complain to Jeep because you already bought a Jeep before the new warranty was offered and felt that you should be able to get it anyways for helping Jeep grow?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Please head on over to Pirate4x4.com.

I would speculate that what is there will be here, as those that own this board, own that one.

Don't forget when you are remembering the difference from then and now is that then, we didn't even have a calender or any other cool stuff. Lance just bought that feature for us. :bounce:

FWIW, I'm not telling you to do anything. I'm just saying I don't want to hear anymore. That's my choice to not listen. :thefinger:

This isn't my board. I do not have a crystal ball nor am I party to what Lance may have up his sleeves. Well other than growth and this being the best forum on the Internet where you can get unbiased information and speak freely without being censored.

I'd say don't sweat the small stuff and stick around and see what happens. Again your input in this forum is needed just as much as mine. :bounce:
yeah, head to Pirate...and ***** about how you don't want to pony up to use the features.

if lance had to pay for it, why should i get to use it for free? i'm not special.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts