JKOwners Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Sorry, just now saw this...

The original 302 is no longer in the car, but I do still have the block. I spun a bearing in it, and while it was salvageable, I decided not to rebuild it. I dropped a 350/350 crate motor in it. I'll likely never sell the car, and visibly, you can't tell the difference. I can always drop the original block back in if I needed to.
I'm glad you hung onto the block and hopefully you still have the crank. Those little engines are special.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,088 Posts
Reactions: kjeeper10

·
Registered
1 Posts
These cars look amazing! Motor oils have been changing over the years. Today’s advanced motor oils have ingredients that older classic car engines never anticipated using. While oil companies have added ethanol to standard gasoline, they have been phasing out ZDDP from many formulations of engine oil. A compound used in motor oil for over 70 years, it has proven highly effective for protecting parts in an engine from “metal on metal” wear. According to https://cararac.com/engine_oil/, motor oil research studies have shown repeatedly that ZDDP is effective in moderating engine wear.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts