JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 471 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all my friends at JKO,

Hello from Mexico! I am down in Baja pre running for the Baja 500 but I wanted to let you know about some news that has finalized while I was out of town.

Pirate Media Group has recently sold the site to AutoGuide.com. While it has been amazing watching JKO grow astonishingly fast over the short few years that we've been around, it's time for us to put you guys into better hands.

On the surface, virtually nothing will change. The moderators, super mods, and admins (including myself) will all remain with the addition of a new admin (Dwayn) who will handle all the technical stuff that you guys never see anyhow. Under the hood will be a bigger engine (think Hemi powered!) to help JKO continue to grow into the best site it can possibly be. I want to personally thank each and every one of you for believing in JKO and calling it your virtual home. We will continue to push forward into the future with the same ideals and goals that has made JKO so successful.

Keep on Jeepin',

Lance

·
Administrator
844 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Dwayn here checking in. I look forward to chatting with you all and seeing the site grow bigger.

Let me know if you need help with anything or have any questions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
So Pirate Media Group is sold, too, or just the JKO side of things?

As long as everything stays the same, I'm here until I don't own a Jeep any longer. And I dont foresee that happening anytime in the near future.

Hats off to you and the rest of the admins for putting together such a great site! :beer:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Wow. I guess now you'll be trading in your mattress for a big pile of cash to sleep on at night? BTW, make sure you use dollar bills. They're softer from being used more often and some of them still smell like stripper.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Congrats Lance & thanks! Hope you made some money in the deal!!! Welcome Dwayn!

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations Lance!

Does this mean you're buying Mel's house and getting 140 more Rico's?:laughing:

Welcome Dwayn!! :beer:
Marcy, if I can talk Renee into it, I'd be all over it. I've been working on her for years now, and she won't budge! :( :laughing:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Does this mean AutoGuide will be banned from JKF?

And begin moderation of pollitical threads in 5....4...3...2...1

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Probably, and definitely not. ;)
Just funnin ya! Welcome Dwayn. Lance this is a great example of building a better moustrap and capitalizing on it. Good for you! :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
Well then welcome to JKO I suppose Dwayn:beer:

·
Administrator
844 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :beer:

I don't have any changes planned at this time. All the staff and the way they moderate will stay the same. I am not looking into changing the way things are moderated.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Congrats Lance, and to Dwayn - welcome to our little island of misfit toys! :bounce:

Are you a fellow JK'er as well?

·
Administrator
844 Posts
Wow. I guess now you'll be trading in your mattress for a big pile of cash to sleep on at night? BTW, make sure you use dollar bills. They're softer from being used more often and some of them still smell like stripper.
Only if they smell like Mexican stripper!
hahahahahhaa.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Congrats Lance. As long as I can still say "fuck" and can act like an Asshat, I'm here.
Welcome Dwayn! You have NO idea what you have gotten yourself into with the people on this forum!

1 - 20 of 471 Posts