JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright we talked a little about it last week and here it is! Who ever wants to participate can.

Every week we can start a new thread for that week, post your weight and any tips you have for everyone else and at the end of 6 weeks we will see who lost the most, obviously we need to be truthful of our actual weight loss.

At the end of 6 weeks we will crown the weeeeiiiiiner, and he or she will get a small "prize pack" compliments of Wylaco Supply Company (your one stop shop for tools and supplies:D). I do not have a scale here at work so I will post up tonight!

At the end of 6 weeks we might need to see some proof, perhaps a picture?:thefinger:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,820 Posts
Way to go to all the BIG LOSERS! I'll play alone in spirit. :beer:

:beer: Oh wait, beer is fattening. Send me all your beer. I'll do that for you in an effort to make sure you lose well. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
This sucks....I was starting in at 204.5...but I'm already down to 199. Once I get to 190, I will need to maintain until the fight. So, I will be with you all in spirit, but I don't stand a chance in the numbers game.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
No way I can join in. I'm one of those freaks who actually LOSE weight when they don't work out. I injured my lower back while squatting about 2 years ago. I went from 250 down to 225 in 3 months from zero activity. Things healed up and I'm back on track now. :thefinger:

·
Registered
35 Posts
ill play 5"6' 185 lbs 18 % body fat gole is 165 or lower 11-13 % body fat ( goign to try muythia out ) but i am going to have to start next week and to top it off i have a bone spur in my hit so cardeo sucks for now. ( if you dont kno wwhat it is look it up )

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Alright I am game for it. Not sure how much actual weight I will lose since I am going for a bit more muscle gain. I am 6'5" and per the Wii Fit I am 261.2 lbs right now.

Really, I have been on a healthy kick since the weekend after Christmas and I started at 268 lbs. I saw the first 7 roll off quick and then it pretty much has stopped around 261. I have more muscle definition and the pants fit way better now. We have been working out at the cheap apartment gym and very limited to what we could do but last week we started at a real gym and real weights so I hope to see improvements soon esp since I can start doing cardio now.

My only tip, EAT! Just pay attention to it, replace granola bars with carrots, ham and mayo sandwich with a chicken breast and brown rice. Also, you have get yourself a little cheat once a week. If it is a meal or snack, just don’t go overboard and kill a week of diets and working out with 3 McDonals hamburgers and fries. The point is, if you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism drops.

Anyways, good luck and for a good info website, www.bodybuilding.com

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Measure up, with no room for fat

Ok
I stand 6'7" tall, 5000lbs. when my armor is loaded and I flex very well,

Soon to be loosing 320#'s when I get my new shoe's installed

Also I still fit in the garage. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Highly doubt I'll win, I enjoy my :beer: too much, but I'll give it a try.
I'm 6'-5", 233. I've been talking about getting back down to 215, so now's as good a time as any.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dude I am in I am 5' 9.5" and 227lbs.

My goal is 190lbs but thats not till later.

I run everyday and workout every night 4 to 6 times a week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in a wait loss contest at work, so why not post here too. I'm 6'0" and 207. I've dropped about 10 pounds so far (one month).
At work everybody put in $20. The contest runs for 3 months and and whoever loses the biggest percentage takes it all. (13 people -$230) We figured percentage would be the most fair way to do it since we have men and women participating. We have weekly weigh-ins. If you gain, you pay a dollar a pound.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wow, something I can actually do???

Hey, I actually have a chance at this!!!! So, uh, what are the rules?? :O)

I started my "diet" on the 26th of January at 284 (you did say fatties, right?) and today I weighed myself and I'm at 269 (15 pounds lost so far). My goal is about 140 (I'm 5'8") but that will take way longer than 6 weeks.

I'm up for the challenge!

:fj: Melissa

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ok
I stand 6'7" tall, 5000lbs. when my armor is loaded and I flex very well,

Soon to be loosing 320#'s when I get my new shoe's installed

Also I still fit in the garage. :beer::beer:
You're perfect just the way you are Puddlz!:innocent:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hey, am I the only GIRL doing this?!?! How embarrassing...........
:fj: Melissa

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Man sounds like some of you have been hard at work already :bounce:

I guess I should toss out, I would like to lose 15 lbs and be down to 245. I may not be bringing down the house with a 6 pack at that weight but 245 by the end of April is the plan. Just sucks as I can only workout 3 days a week due to time issues right now.

·
Vendor
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright!!!!!! glad to see the excitement, i had to stop on the way home and buy a scale. I started really taking this seriously about 3 weeks ago, i was at 249# and i am 6 foot.

I weighed myself tonight............................

drumroll.......

more drumroll.............

234#

My goal is the 210-215 range, i am working out 4-5 days a week and i have become a fanatic with counting calories. I am excited for this, lets see what we can do:bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Alright!!!!!! glad to see the excitement, i had to stop on the way home and buy a scale. I started really taking this seriously about 3 weeks ago, i was at 249# and i am 6 foot.

I weighed myself tonight............................

drumroll.......

more drumroll.............

234#

My goal is the 210-215 range, i am working out 4-5 days a week and i have become a fanatic with counting calories. I am excited for this, lets see what we can do:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Funny to see the plumber post, reminds me of the day I was a plumber too.,

As Clackey would say BCOD Good Job son :beer:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Plumber, don't forget to watch those carbs, sugar, and sodium levels too! Also you need protein for those muscles!

So what is everyones reason for wanting to drop weight? For me, I want to be able to ride further 6 miles on my mountain bike. Also, I have always been thin and fit until I got the desk job and now I am that guy and kinda has made me self aware of it in social situations.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
The desk job did me in as well. I never worked out, but was bean pole lean until about 30. It just kept sneaking up over time.

I'm 6'4 and right now I'm at 232, down from an all-time-high of 250 last fall.

Due to complications from a medicine, my wife became an insulin dependent diabetic suddenly about two years ago. Since then, we have both been on something of a diabetic diet. Mine being followed more loosely than hers:shaking:.

One of the main keys is staying away from white bread and white rice, etc. and don't eat fast food any more than you can help. If you watch your carbs (not as in the crazy all protien and no carb diets) you will notice a big difference even without exercise.

Another thing to remember (as my wife always tells me) is you have to make a permanent lifestyle change, diets don't work period.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.