JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I sold my YJ a couple years ago and have been searching to get a newer platform for light off road and summer driving (not primary vehicle) with plans to swap in a diesel in a few years down the road. I have been struggling to find a TJ that isn't rusted to nothing and have been considering a JK as an option.

I wanted to get the group's thoughts on the extent of the damage to the below linked Jeep as I have always loved the JK8 and this would be an awesome entry point. The driver's airbag clearly went off and the front left body panel needs work but would love any opinions on the rest from what you can see in the pictures. I was able to track down the original owner and he was super transparent, it was hit in a parked driveway by a drunk driver. The frame scan shows 11mm out as the largest dimension. I have a basic garage and tools and could swap a new front axle but would be interested to hear your thoughts on feasibility. Thank you!
2014 WRANGLER JK8 • Used Auto Parts | Auto Wreckers | Auto Recycling | Pic N Save

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,319 Posts
Only 14k of that neon toiletpaper you call money?
I'd buy that faster than Trudeau could grab a man's ass.
Welcome to JKO.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does it have a rebuilt title or a salvage title? A salvage title cannot be licensed ever, To pass a provincial you will have to repair the airbag system. Price one out before proceeding

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good points - Airbag system looks reasonable and it’s a clean title. I’m just concerned with the frame being bent by 11mm on one side (body shop says 4mm max for in spec). I’m not sure if I could take it up with adjustable control arms or if it’s way too far.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would think the body shop could give the frame a tug. Our local shop does it all the time.
It looks like the passenger air bag is okay so just the drivers and impact sensors. The seat belt pre tensioner may have deployed so you may need a couple seat belts also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a toss up for me. It is missing the jk8 roof and rollbar. The jeep has had lots of parts swapped/removed (strange they let the 1/2 doors go and kept the full) Airbags and pretensioners are minor. It really depends on how badly you want most of a JK8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a toss up for me. It is missing the jk8 roof and rollbar. The jeep has had lots of parts swapped/removed (strange they let the 1/2 doors go and kept the full) Airbags and pretensioners are minor. It really depends on how badly you want most of a JK8
This is the perfect characterization of how I'm currently feeling about it. The owner clearly took everything of value he could get his hands on. I went and looked at it and he even robbed the shocks. Unfortunately the scrap yard that bought it got taken advantage of here. I think I would pay half what they're asking. Thank you everyone for the input!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts