JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m the dude that collects parts and waits until I have most of them for the intended upgrade and then attempts to install them at once (like a shop would). The up-side is the overall install takes less time, the down-side is I always run into upgrade part comparability issues.

This go-round I’m installing Dynatrac 60’s, dual arb compressor setup, JK8 booster/master, and SwitchPros switch. Diffs went right in. JK8 master/booster goes right in. NorthRidge4x4 ARB dual compressor bracket...

Must not be compatible with the JK8 master/booster combo. Never even considered that it wouldn’t work but common sense (and hindsight) says it can’t. Booster pushes the master away from the firewall and the master is taller so it can hold more fluid.

Initial thought was to make spacers so the compressor could sit above the master. It would be a pain to fill the master but I suppose I was figuring I could remove the compressors for maintenance (dumbass idea). The height difference is about 1 1/2-inches for reference.

Not enough space under the hood even if it was a good idea. I’m about to shift into “make it work with what I have mode”. I’ll document the fab if I’m blazing a new trail but I want to first see if anyone has figured how to work around this situation.

Has anyone encountered this and figured out a work-around?

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
373 Posts
the Evo compressor mount works with the JK8 brakes

He’s got got a dual not a single like you.

OP...I had the same issue, other buddies locally did too, none of them have found a good fix. Most of us moved our ARBs under the passenger side seat.

·
Registered
36 Posts

OP...I had the same issue, other buddies locally did too, none of them have found a good fix. Most of us moved our ARBs under the passenger side seat.
and I thought the Evo mount is drilled for either.

but carry on...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Ok, that’s kinda what I suspected. I think I have an extremely simple mod to the NorthRidge bracket but I had to order some additional nut-serts to pull it off. If it works, I think NorthRidge should modify their design to enable their kit to work with both brake setups. I can do a high-level now.

Concept shifts the bracket towards the front of the jeep to line up the rear bracket howl with the alignment hole already in the fender top.

The support bracket that NorthRidge supplies in their kit is now way short of the countersunk hole in the main bracket.

BUT, if I cut the business end of the bracket and weld it back on, it would land it the meat if the main bracket and work isn’t this orientation. In the picture it will be changed from turning 90* to the right to straight down.

Might as well just cut it...Bzzztt...

And now it can be rotated from this:

To this:

And here’s the modified bracket laid out for visual reference:

For other’s reference, it needs to be welded back at a 35* angle.

The compressor now needs risers to be able to clear the brake lines coming out of the ABS manifold. There’s should be enough clearance to sit well under the hood (or barely, I’ll find out).

I’ll have all the parts I need by next weekend so I’ll be able to complete it and update the thread when I do.

Matt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the same problem with the MORE mount. My shop ended up making a new mount plate using the MORE hardware that was further forward. A dual will fit.

Was typing while you replied. Looks like I’m headed the right direction.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Concept shifts the bracket towards the front of the jeep to line up the rear bracket howl with the alignment hole already in the fender top.

Question now is will it fit with an SPod? Doesn't look like it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how long did the JK8 booster/MC take? auto or manual?

Didn’t take long at all. Once drained, the master comes right off by removing the two brake lines, a electrical connector, and the two bolts that attach it to the booster. The booster took me a minute because I first attempted to remove it via the 4 nuts above the brake pedal inside (like all the vehicles a I’ve had before). In this case I could t get the socket on the heads of the nuts so I had to remove the aluminum plate the booster attached to on the engine compartment side and then remove a clip that keeps the booster rod attached to the brake pedal. That maybe took 30 minutes. Install was the same as both removal processes in reverse.

Mine is an Auto Trans. Not sure the process would be any different for manual other than navigating around the second pedal inside when undoing the booster rod.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Probably not but I’ll never find out because I’m using a Switch-Pros 8100.

I've looked pretty hard at those as well, and haven't ruled it out yet. Just threw that question out because I know so many do run the sPod. I do not (so far). FYI, if you have any thoughts of going to the Genesis Off Road Dual Battery Kit, they have confirmed that the SP 8100 WILL (JUST) FIT between the battery and the firewall in their standard mounting location, although it doesn't look like it would.

·
Registered
366 Posts
FYI, if you have any thoughts of going to the Genesis Off Road Dual Battery Kit, they have confirmed that the SP 8100 WILL (JUST) FIT between the battery and the firewall in their standard mounting location, although it doesn't look like it would.
I have both and they fit fine. Definitely a tight fit. The two are some of the best engineered parts I've bought. Very well thought out products. I highly recommend both.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've looked pretty hard at those as well, and haven't ruled it out yet. Just threw that question out because I know so many do run the sPod. I do not (so far). FYI, if you have any thoughts of going to the Genesis Off Road Dual Battery Kit, they have confirmed that the SP 8100 WILL (JUST) FIT between the battery and the firewall in their standard mounting location, although it doesn't look like it would.

Looks like others have chimed in already. I have plans to install the 8100 module today and already have the GOR dual battery kit in. I’m certain the two will fit together because I’ve mocked it up but there won’t be tons of space around it. I’ll be sure to snap a few pics.

If it didn’t/doesn’t fit for some reason It would be extremely easy to mount somewhere else. Wouldn’t be as quick of an install.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had the same problem with the MORE mount. My shop ended up making a new mount plate using the MORE hardware that was further forward. A dual will fit.
Do you have any pictures of your mount? I plan on using the MORE mount with my dual compressor

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is there an update to this project? I'd love to install my ARB twin in that location. Pretty sure the sPOD will fit over the booster, then I'm back to having both installed under the hood again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts