JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after a fun visit to spring creek orp last weekend i noticed a oil leak on the manual transmission. cleaned all the mud of the jeep and took it to the dealership. they fix it under warranty - can pick it up today. Oh, while they have it, I also asked them to fix my front fender flares under warranty...they came lose somehow....:shaking:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Did they say HOW they fixed it? or what they thought was the problem. I always wonder when you get a vehicle back "real quick like". JMO...See what their explanation is, and if it makes sense to you. Please post again- about this. Im curious cause I also have the 6 speed.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
mine was leaking fluid from the bellhousing , it wasent gear oil from the gear case but it was brake fuild leaking from the slave cly and running down the lines that go into the throwout bearing. dealer had it fixed in a couple hours

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
service advisor said something about some faulty part...i'll know more later today when i pick it up. They pulled the transmission out - i know that much.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
at some dealerships...the faulty part is usually the driver...Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
You are one of the lucky ones...It's awesome to have a good relationship w/ your service mgr/ tech. Again, please post up the results of what they found and how it was fixed if yer able. I know there are members like me that will be interested to hear what caused the leak and how they fixed it. I am guessing a "bad seal?"

BTW- would like to see ya at Longs this wknd if your able. Should be quite a few JKs there, as well as the basic mix of TJs, yotas, and purpose-built trailer queens...

·
Registered
573 Posts
You are one of the lucky ones...It's awesome to have a good relationship w/ your service mgr/ tech...
x2 on that. My dealer falls under the "everything that's broken is because of customer abuse" category. I can't figure out why I keep going there.... maybe its because my momma didn't beat enough sense in my head 50 years ago. Or maybe I fell on my head. whatever.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Ive been to a lot a different dealerships w/ a lot of different jeeps and trucks...Some are pretty smart, some are idiots. I feel that the ones that are SINCERE are the hardest to find. Even when you DO find a good one, it seems like just a matter of time before the (good) tech or the (willing...) service mgr is gone. One of the best things a jeep owner can do (IMO) is establish a communicative relationship w/ the important people in the service dept. It seems that if you go there with a "Im pissed!...someones gonna pay!... you guys suck!" attitude, then its only an uphill battle from there. Willingness to humble yourself can be the key. Friendly conversation during a scheduled oil change...a firm hand-shake...."I appreciate your help"...etc...can go a long way to allowing them to feel..."they just want what I would want". That wont help w/ the ones that are just plain ignorant or 100% unwilling to see the customers side, but at a dealership that relies on reputation and commitment to service, it really can mean the difference between a successful visit or a depressing one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts