JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's true. So I am planning the next jeep. It might be a jk.

Wondering what mpg improvement will I see if I drive a jk vs jku what kind of mpg improvement will I see. I am thinking less weight being a 2 Dr the better the economy at the pump.

What do you all think.

Also here is to hoping for a Eco diesel option in 2016.

·
Registered
163 Posts
2016s are already in production. No diesel option. We likely will not see one until the new model is out.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
There are two doors and four doors in my group mostly 3.6's with autos. All similar builds i.e. 35's 2.5-3.5 lifts. All get about same mpg. We travel a lot together so we all know how much we all take.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My current jeep is my first jeep ('14 JKU). So maybe someone with my setup with a 2 door can give you their mileage. Granted, I have the stock goodyear 255/75/17s with 3.21 gears and a 6 speed. I don't go above 2500 rpms very often.

I use my GPS to determine mileage.

This last tank of gas, I drove roughly 50/50 city/highway and even went out in the middle of no-where (read: desert dirt road) to go shooting with a buddy of mine. Total mileage was 275.5 and 12.7 gallons used. That's 21.69mpg.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like just getting a pentastar is good enough to get better mpg and it doesn't matter between 4 door and 2 door.

We have a 2014 with a pentastar and 8spd. Really like it for a daily driver and good power. I did drive the Eco diesel and 8spd and wished that was coming in a wrangler so bad.

Thanks for the info e1.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
I have stock tires on my 08 JKUR. I have 144,xxx miles on it. I changed to plugs at 110000 or 120000 can't remember which. I change the oil and do a 5 tire rotation every 3500 miles. I get 18.5 city and an honest 21.5 highway. I've had two doors before and the comforting pleasant drive I have now convinced me that my next jeep will be a JKUR.:gluging:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts