JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October 1st I ditched my Suburban (2 out of 3 kids are out of the house) and bought the Hard Rock Rubi in Tank. I love it! But now I need to add stuff. I see a lot of JK's with the half doors for the summer. were is the best place / brand to get these? I'm leaning toward the steel painted ones but I am open to opinions. Im in upstate NY so I cant go without doors all summer, but when its nice, I want to toss them in the back.
Thanks for your help
Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1452270104.660226.jpg

Savvy half doors :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
jeepareus.com is where I purchased my mopar half doors. However, I purchased my mopar uppers from stevewhitemotors.net in North Carolina - best deal I could find even when comparing used uppers at the time.

In hindsight, I would have gone with stevewhitemotors.net for the mopar half doors as well because I later discovered their price was lower than jeepareus. I recommend contacting them directly for an even cheaper price as their eBay listing includes a commission which they pass on to the buyer.

I found used sets were not much cheaper than a new set - assuming you can find a used set of mopar half doors. What I like most about the mopar half doors is the weather stripping because for the most part, it prevents water from coming into the jeep when crossing deep creeks, rivers, etc.

I had my mopar half doors powered coated at TNT customs in Cameron Park, CA - not sure where you are located. The high gloss powder is almost a perfect match compared to my factory black paint. At roughly $200 for powder (4 doors), it was a no brainer compared to the 1,000 or so estimate I received for paint.

Although my jeep has full power, I chose to not get the power door locks. I wish now I had chose the power door locks for the convenience aspect. If you get the mopar half doors, have them painted or powder coated before you assemble them. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just bought me a set of Savvy Half Doors and noticed that the aluminum weld that was done inside the door is very noticeable on the outside of the door and makes the door look like is dented, even after I powder coated them in Black the weld lumps are still visible.

Any Savvy Half Door Owners that are out there, curious to know if your set of Savvy Half Doors have these same weld shapes on the front side of the door.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts