JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be moving 2,000 miles away. Does anyone see a problem with towing a 2006 corolla using a u haul dolly(not the flat trailer)? I have a unlimited on 37's with 5.38's. I plan on installing a tranny cooler and putting in some 75W-140 in the diffs. The corolla weighs about 2500#'s. Thanks

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I don't see any problem with that setup. It is under the max towing rating, the dolly should not be a problem with the Toyota. It might make for some lower gas mileage, but I would think it'll be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Slow and steady wins the race. Seriously... keep it under 60mph and you should be fine. Those things are NOT made to haul ass at 75mph down the interstate. Set the CC to 60mph and enjoy the drive.

RW

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
My buddy emmett has a 07 4dr x, and he tows a 25' rv all over the damn place, Houston to Detroit, Houston to Gonzales Louisiana, kerrville and so on. The only upgrades that have been done were 7 pin harness and trailer brake controller, and a trans cooler. Slow and steady, doing the speed limit and not racing up to speed. Those that feel that it's safe send me a pm and I'll hook you up with him to see the set up if he gets on a job near you.

2 years ago we had over 4200 pounds on a 16' trailer that we hauled straight non stop from Houston to Newark California for a furnace blow out, worked 4 weeks, came home the long way, golden gate bridge, muir woods, route 66, and so on, this was without the cooler and no trailer brakes, 0 issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts