JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this on another JK board....I was just thinking of how this would look and come together...It mentions D60's from Mopar!!!

HERE

EDIT***

Courtesy of 4 wheeler magazine)

HERE

While on a foray to Burnsville Off Road in Burnsville, Minnesota, I tripped over Mopar Accessories soon-to-be-available Dana 60 for the Jeep Wrangler JK. Seriously, I literally tripped over it. It was this axle you see pictured, and it was moments away from being installed in a JK. I'm told it borrows axle componentry from Jeep's J8 export-only diesel JK lineup and includes larger Dodge truck brakes. Naturally it comes standard with JK bracketry and pinion flanges. The wheel bolt pattern is 5 on 5.5. I'm told that a larger front brake upgrade will also be available to complement the larger rear brakes. The front brake kit will include a new hub and bearing assembly in the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

Burnsville Off Road (you know, the Hemi Conversion Kings, Viper Wrangler architect, Chrysler Design Excellence Award winner, and overall Jeep gurus) performed the setup for Mopar's All Access JK that will be in Moab at the Jeep display during the '08 Easter Jeep Safari. It goes without saying that we'll have much more information on this new Dana 60 in the June issue of Four Wheeler Magazine.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I wonder of these OEM Mopar D60s will have the same problems with axle tube breakage that seem to be occurring with some frequency on the Rubi front D40s? I had pretty much added the Mopar front D44 to my list of "must haves", now I'm thinking Dynatrac or something else aftermarket. More money, I know, but I'd be seriously :pissed: if I bought the Mopar and then broke the tubes as quite a few have done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts