JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JKowners Vendor
'13 JK
1,310 Posts
I haven't personally heard much on the 2". Depends on what you have (if you actually have a 2dr, your pic looks like a 4). If you have a 2dr it'll bring you to about a nice soft 98" BUT personally Id shoot for a 6" for my 2door. Yes, there is more work involved when you go more but I personally think it's worth it for that golden wheelbase. And that leads to 4drs IMHO I don't think 4 doors needs to be stretched.

-Julia

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
2" of stretch is not worth the effort or expense. 8"-10" or leave it stock.
I never went extreme, but for 37's on a 2.5" lift, I had to move the axle back about an inch and a half to get full articulation with no rub.
Not really a stretch, but still...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a 2" stretch but it wasn't planned and I haven't driven it yet to determine if there is any benefit. I relocated the control arm mounts and decided to see what I could add to wheelbase on the 2 door. I wish I could order the Teraflex upper spring plates separately but I will eventually make something similar. I did use Artec lower spring perches and have modified the bump stop pads on the axle to move them forward slightly and clear the current frame side track bar bracket. I may eventually relocate the track bar bracket but it clears for now.
1:35

1 - 5 of 5 Posts