JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just ordered the Accu Pro Jk speedo recalibrator. It's 200.00 shipped to me and will also read OBDII codes. I will let you know how it works out, I hope to have it next week if it's not on backorder. Finally I can get an accurate mpg reading.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I don't know yet. But I can tell you from a write of an unnamed source. You physically input tire size and gear ratio and flash through the Can (OBDII) port. When I was a Saleen we ran the flash on the ecu and it effected all other systems it appears this one does the same. They claim in there add that it will adjust the shift points for automatic transmissions. So with that I have to assume its an ECU flash. The ability is there with the CAN system, The only reason I suspect the Dealer won't do it is the warrenty.

My thought process is, if the dealer will reflash the ECU for a larger tire size than stock they are basically allowing the change under warrenty and could be held liable for damages. That was our thought process with any vehicle modifications we would consider performing on the upgrade kits and on the S7.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Well I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Is there a company website?

I have an ulterior motive as the speedo isn't as important to me as the auto shift points are. :devil: Maybe I can get even more get up and go while running the super charger and an aggressively programmed UniChip. :devil:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its possible espescially towing that trailer you bought. (Just saw that and looked sweet). There is no hard data on this you can go to Northridge4x4 and search speedo. Thats where I got mine and it has a quick blurb on it. But you can search Accu Pro speedo on google and read a bit about what it does on the trucks. It's the exact same thing that it will do in our heaps. It says that it's not Vin locked ( locked into one vehicle once used) but a member says it voids the warrenty if used on another vehicle. What that means I don't know but I will look into using mine on another vehicle. Save alittle coin.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I searched around for this and found only spotty and varied tech at best as to what this is and what it does. I couldn't find the same information on two websites. :shaking: It is made/marketed by Pro Comp but there is nothing about it on their website. :shaking:

I have seen claims of a speedo recalibration to a computer re-flasher to a tool like Scan Gauge II that can read/reset codes plus with recalibration. But even with all that it seems a bit spendy for a ECM programmer.

Well keep us posted on what it really does.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I received mine from Northridge4x4, but was sent the wrong Part No. :( I hope to get the right one next week. From the box, it is called the ProComp Accu Pro, but it's actually made by Hypertech. The correct Part No. is PC52001-1.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well much like many JK parts out there right now there is no good description from the manufacture. Only place to gfet info is the forums. From what I have read it is an ECU programer and a OBDII reader. Yes it's a little steep but when in perspective I don't have a GPS yet and it cost 90.00 at the dealer last time to recalibrate for my first tire upgrade. So for me it's a decent price even though I have a Snapon code scanner already. But if it will work on other vehicles besides mine, 10.00 recalibration and it will be paid for shortly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still waiting but I just read this in the off road adventures mag. The Accu Pro calibrator is 199.00 but they also have the Power Pro that changes the timing curve as well as other features. While the power pro is only available for trucks now the add says the Accu Pro is software upgradable to the Power Pro. Thats pretty cool since it gives the future ablity of adding a power programmer to it via the internet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I recvd my calibrator today and it only took 3 minutes to run the programmer. I'll be driving it home tonight after work and will check the speedometer against my gps to make sure it's been recalibrated and will post an update here later. (The original tire setting was 31" and I changed it to 32.25" (the actual physical height of my tires, altho BFG's website says 285/70R17s are 32.7"...I will remeasure when I get home to make sure my measurement is accurate). My current gear ratio is 4.10 and will remain the same)

Update: Calibrator worked. Now my speedometer is accurate (confirmed by my GPS).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats the word on accuracy. Mine is being delivered on the 16th.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I should have mine tomorrow or Monday, thanks for the info on it. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Informationally, they are a programmer that can be removed after the new data is uploaded. They can also correct shift points for auto transmissions.

Last I read, they were getting ready to add a VIN lock to the unit, but I don't know if they've done it yet.

Hi all,
I just ordered the Accu Pro Jk speedo recalibrator. It's 200.00 shipped to me and will also read OBDII codes. I will let you know how it works out, I hope to have it next week if it's not on backorder. Finally I can get an accurate mpg reading.

Before anyone else orders the $200 version...

http://www.rjroffroad.com/Pro-Comp-...ration-Tool-07-08-Jee-c-262-p-1-pr-16998.html

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I knew of that site before I bought mine! :bawling: I could have spent the $30 I would have saved on more Jeep parts...:shaking:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great price JR! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damnit to all hell. I got mine today and tried to flash it at lunch and got the air bag module error. From what I gather this is common if the unit is old stock. I am stuck calling Hypertech tomorrow to either have them send me a new one or see if they have a downloadable flash that will fix mine. I would suggest to all that buy them to load the software on your computer first then update the software then update the firmware on the programmer before trying to use it. Mine came with no instructions so this is just a word of advice. Then double damn my dealer I bought it from doesn't do a 30 day guarantee on price, F*** them I new I should have called Redrock to buy it.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Well that price didn't last.

Whoever got in on that RJR deal got lucky, cause it just went up.
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Lucky me, now I just got to wait for it to arrive.

BTW, you need to retune your radio for music on hold! :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts