JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an 08 JK. Last year I wanted to upgrade the stock sound system, single cd non-infinity. I went to a shop and they put in a 400w clarion amp, 10" Kicker in an enclosure, and I replaced the 4 speakers with Kicker replacements. It sounded good for a while now I get annoying buzzing from the soundbar and such. Im not sure if i fried the speakers or not. I have heard of people using polyfill or dynamat on the bar. Any suggestions to figure out what could be the problem? And how to make it better? Im not well versed in the stereo dept. Thanks. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I would pull the speakers and check to see if one didn't blow.. If you weren't running an amp to the speakers, I doubt they are blown but you never know.. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If you ran new speaker wire in the plastic box... that will buzz... how do i know... The stock speaker wires are wrapped in foam to stop any buzzing... I fill my boxes with poly fill. works good now.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just used the metra connectors to change the 4 stock speakers to the Kickers. I will open them up and see what they look like. Maybe the connector is vibrating against the plastic. Thanks for all the suggestions. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I just used the metra connectors to change the 4 stock speakers to the Kickers. I will open them up and see what they look like. Maybe the connector is vibrating against the plastic. Thanks for all the suggestions. :smokin:
Have you tried only placing sound to each speaker separately? Could be something like a loose screw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts