JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used soft top but I am not sure what year model it is. Last night some clown cut my window to get in my jeep looking for something to steal. Now I need new windows, and I am not sure what model. It seems like I read somewhere that the rear window width changed around 2010. Does anyone have a dimension or can you measusre your rear window width so I can order the right year windows? All help really appreciated.

Thanks

Grady

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Have a picture of your current setup? The rear window is the only one that has changed over the years of the JK. Quite a substantial difference in sail panel and window widths.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics. I guess I could browse some pics online and hopefully see the difference if someone cant go take a measurement for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jeep widen the rear window in 2011. The previous gen (2007-2010) the window was basically the length of the tailgate. Second gen (2011+) are an inch or two past the tailgate on each side. Size windows are the same.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
yup in 2011 the rear window is bigger... 7-10 same... 11-14 bigger just the rear window.. where are you located i have some extra clear windows.. which one do you need ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeep widen the rear window in 2011. The previous gen (2007-2010) the window was basically the length of the tailgate. Second gen (2011+) are an inch or two past the tailgate on each side. Size windows are the same.
When you say an inch or two, are we talking the zippers are outside the tailgate this far? I just need something to use as a reference point.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts