JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 TJ, and have read the reviews on the site, but a lot of them are from 2014 or before. I just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on the best bang for your buck top wise. I don't want to cheap out, but I also don't want to just pay for the brand name of best top.

I am up in the air between 3 tops at this point, Whats everyone's opinion.
I am leaning towards buying from extreme terrain or quadratec, unless someone is running a great cyber monday deal.

Quadratop premium sailcloth replacement top :
Pro's: 3 year warranty, and will replace the whole top if something goes wrong.
Cons: No real reviews on line.
Price: $399.00

Bestop Sailcloth Replace A Top:
Pro's: Best top great reviews OEM manufacturer
Cons: Higher Price.
Price: $579.00 for black diamond, minus $100 rebate, so $479.00 total

Rugged Ridge XHD Softtop:
Pro's: Price and some good reviews
Cons: Some reviews say very loud.
Price: $427.49

If anyone can help with this topic, I would really appreciate it. Thanks Jeepers !

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Actually, Extreme Terrain is running some cyber Monday deals (don't know about soft tops though). Code is CMONDAY.

I would also check Northridge 4x4. I know they're advertising some CM discounts.

But my first call would be to Marcus at River City Offroad. He is a major contributor to this forum, gives a discount to JKO members (I think a straight 10%), and he'll jump through hoops to get you what you need, when you need it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the Bestop sailcloth on my YJ for 7+ years (actually, new owner is still rockin it)

Very good top, very quiet, very durable...had it off & on hundreds of times, still fit like new when I sold the Jeep last year....only thing I ever did was lube the zippers & polish the scratches out of the windows.

I give it 2 thumbs up :)

·
Banned
702 Posts
The only thing I will add is that Bestop's customer service is not the best if you have a problem with their product.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is completely off topic . I had dealt with Asrock( a computer mother board maker) about 2 years ago the customer service experience was about the worst I have ever dealt with. Well their boards are pretty kick ass when they work. I recently had another product from them fail and this time I would rank the service I received up there with EVGA. So it is possible for Best top to turn around and do a 180.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I don't know about the others but the Bestop is great. Good products that last forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts