JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever put fold over passenger seat from a 2011 or newer Wrangler into a 2007 -2010 Wrangler ? If so was it a tough switch to make? Anthemrubicon

·
Registered
394 Posts
You need just the seat frame.....I might have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone ever put fold over passenger seat from a 2011 or newer Wrangler into a 2007 -2010 Wrangler ? If so was it a tough switch to make? Anthemrubicon
If it were only that easy. Speaking from experience, I purchased 2015 seats and found the mounts are completely different than my 2010. The floor pan is different and the mounting holes are not the same. I then thought I'd just switch out the mounts. Not so easy. There are cable attachments on the newer seats that attach to various points on the frame and one would have to extensively modify it so that the seat retains the reclining feature and slide (forward/reverse) function. I then took both of the seats to my fabricator and it was just not worth the problems/modifications. I finally (this past weekend) got rid of the newer seats. An aftermarket seat with the features you are looking for would be a solution. Good luck

·
Registered
394 Posts

I haven't forgot about ya yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Someone saying easy and someone saying not so. What is the case on this? I have a 2010 as well and these seats just plain suck chocolate starfish.

I am leaning towards the aftermarket, but I want to set my butt in them before purchasing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it were only that easy. Speaking from experience, I purchased 2015 seats and found the mounts are completely different than my 2010. The floor pan is different and the mounting holes are not the same. I then thought I'd just switch out the mounts. Not so easy. There are cable attachments on the newer seats that attach to various points on the frame and one would have to extensively modify it so that the seat retains the reclining feature and slide (forward/reverse) function. I then took both of the seats to my fabricator and it was just not worth the problems/modifications. I finally (this past weekend) got rid of the newer seats. An aftermarket seat with the features you are looking for would be a solution. Good luck
Hmmm... I just put 2014 seats into my 2008 JKUR. They bolted right in with no modifications other than the driver's side electronics. Very comfy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmm... I just put 2014 seats into my 2008 JKUR. They bolted right in with no modifications other than the driver's side electronics. Very comfy.
Not calling you disingenuous, but i find that highly implausible as the mounting (bolt) patterns are different 2007-2011 vs 2012 and newer, as the floor pans were changed due to the new engin and transmission configuration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts