JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have seen pics where guys have done it, it looks good but you may hve to paint them some. I hear the paint is only on where the bar is visible and unpainted under the padding. I do not speak from personal experience though.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Lots of guys run that way and it looks good. Its true that you may have to do some painting.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
took mine off 07 Sahara 2dr all bars painted to mach jeep cept right above rear seat and you may have to do somthing with your sound bar wires if exposed wiers bother you

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone ever take the padding and material off the roll bars and leave it off?
The padding is there for your safety believe it or not.

I used to road race and work on race cars. We had lots of requests for street cars with a full cage. We didn't do it because of safety concerns for the driver when he wasn't wearing a helmet.

If something happens that results in your head hitting a portion of the roll bar without padding chances are you will be knocked out.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
If something happens that results in your head hitting a portion of the roll bar without padding chances are you will be knocked out.
You'll still be knocked out with your common roll bar padding, just won't have as bad of a concussion. Aftermarket cage padding is intended to help most WITH a helmet on...It'll be like getting hit in the head with an aluminum bat with roll bar padding on..it'll help, but you'll still be seeing birdies!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't done it yet, but I plan on removing my padding at some point. (Because I know after a while it will become faded/wet/dirty.) When I do, I'm going to use the removed padding to make 4 sections of padding to go next to the occupants heads. They'll velcro or zip on for easy removal for cleaning or drying. If someone wants to steal my idea, post pics, I'd love to learn from your mistakes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.