JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took daughter out for some very lite wheeling(threw puddles)..get home and the air dam is hanging off and the passenger side fender is unclipped

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
yup

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
yup go buy a range rover:laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Take it to the dealer and see if they'll put it back on under warranty. Any bets?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think ill do that...and no i9 dont want to get rid of it ive had some sort of jeep my whole driving life

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
fenders

you are not alone

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/water-crossing-question-1235538/index2.html#post11816080

in ripping off a fender xing water that is, oh and by the way, I slid down a canyon only stopping when a tree partially tore off my fender and broke the windshield....was strapped out after chainsawing the tree from around the axle....both were covered under warranty, they even buffed out the "pinstripes"...and yea the stock skids aint bad either.....:beer:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Yep, that happens when you crash into things. I'm surprised that that surprised you...

(threw puddles)

I've been trying to throw puddles for a long time, impressive.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I can't belive the JK is such a POS that the plastic held on by plaistc push pins cheap airdam got ripped off when you hit it on something offroad. How dare they. BTW you'd be amazed at what water being force fed into plastic parts will do to them. especially when they are held on by other plastic parts.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
That's nothing. I took mine for some light wheelin' "threw" the Hammers and now my gas tank skid is all wavey. I should sue Chrysler. :shaking:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
That's nothing. I took mine for some light wheelin' "threw" the Hammers and now my gas tank skid is all wavey. I should sue Chrysler. :shaking:
hell ya how dare they not make stock parts not able to handle wimpy offroading like the hammers:laughing: all joking aside to the op rip the air damn off go with an aftermarket fenders lift it and get on with it:beer:

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
took daughter out for some very lite wheeling(threw puddles)..get home and the air dam is hanging off and the passenger side fender is unclipped
Yank the airdam off and re clip the fenders.

Look at it this way, what would piss you off more, a broken plastic clip, or bent paperthin sheetmetal?

BTW, welcome to JKO.:beer:

Pop in the Northeast section. We head out on rides in Jersey pretty regularly.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
ok fine, ill be nice to the new guy.
the air damn is only held on by plastic clips and will fall off the first chance it gets, just rip it off all the way, it looks stupid anyway.

now there is a chance the innder fender wasnt on all the way, my first jk was that way, missing all the bolts and some of the push pins, stick your head under there and look to see whats loose and fix it, if your gonna go wheeling in a jk you better learn to fix stuff, cause the jk has alot of plastic and plastic doesnt like rocks.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
You can't throw puddles at your JK and expect it not to break. Puddles can be pretty heavy, especially the deeper ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At least it did'nt hydro-lock :thefinger:

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I got stuck in deep water last year and flooded my interior. Grr... flooding, I'm going to get an H1 at military auction.

Ok enough with the ripping on the OP.

The air dam is a crock. Rip that thing off and be happy about it. I tore mine off the first night I had the JK (on a fallen log). The inner fender liner I would be mildly irritated about. The dealer probably screwed up. A while ago the inner fender liners on most JKs (mine included) had to be trimmed to avoid rubbing the brake line. They probably tore the clips and didn't replace em.

If you've owned some form of Jeep in the past you should be acquainted with "trail modifications". In the three years I've owned mine I have become well acquainted with the mechanics that work in the woods.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts