JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from the Chili Challenge. Overall there were about 230 Rigs. Only a few JK's. We took mine out on the more extreme trails. It kept up with the buggies, outdid most. Fun time. JK's are great.

Going up one of Habanero Falls

Going up a bigger Habanero Falls. I could not get up it. Tires just wouldn't catch. Close though. Only 3 rigs (big buggies) out of 15 made it.

The entrance to Pitzacaro's Revenge:

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part 2

Going up the first waterfall, I had to winch. The BLM officers who were watching wouldn't let us stack rocks. I was last of 25 rigs. No rear traction to climb, especially given the position of the rocks.:shaking:

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Part 3

Going up the second waterfall was interesting.:eek: We did put a safety line on the front. :D Only three rigs out of 25 made it up without winching the day we were where. Mine was one of the 3. JK's are great.

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Id like to see a little bit bigger pictures, but they are some great pics and nice ride. Id love to find myself there one of these days.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Awesome pictures. Wish there were more. Looks like a great time. :beer:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Las Cruces? Did Vex show up to display the new "Buttered Cat Array" It would have levitated right over all those obstacles....

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
That trail is on my to-do list now. Very cool. Some of those ledges are definitely outside my wheelbase (2-door), but it would be a blast to try.

If you guys get Robert Stephens to join, Ill be there in a heartbeat. You have his phone #.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Looks like an awesome place to wheel.

X2 on wanting bigger pics...but it sure looks like you guys hit some huge obstacles out there, very cool

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like what you did with the b-pillars. Did TNT customs build your rear body armor and fender?
They did. The B pillars are removable. TnT did a nice job on those. They did the rear armor and fenders. They are building front fenders and Al sliders now. The FF sliders are good, but heavy. My jeep will be at EJS doing trails most of the week, but at the TnT booth too.

·
Registered
866 Posts
That is beyond what I would try with my JK. I still need it to drive to work. :D

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have pictures of the removable b pillar?
Not handy I don't. Just with it gone. I'll see what I can turn up. My jeep is up in Cheyenne getting additional mods for EJS.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts