JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all - just joined and wanted to send a yell. Just transplanted back to East TN after spending 12 years in the Washington DC area - SO glad to be back ! I just "inked" the deal on a 2012 White JK Sport, plain-Jane (the best kind to start with right?) with the following options:

• Customer Preferred package 23B
  • 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
  • Air Conditioning
  • Sirius XM Satellite Radio with 1-year free
I drove her this Saturday (located near my boat) and just concluded the deal over the phone with the sales rep - I hope to pick her up on Thursday. Black soft top and normal (non-alloy) wheels. I had a 1999 TJ, same plain Jane model (white/black) with the four banger for a 2 year lease back when I left here for DC and wanted to leave a vehicle here near my boat.

All I can say is WOWOWOW - what a difference - the new 3.8 aluminum engine and 6 speed tranny is amazing - can you say SPEEDY GONZALES? DAYUM!!! She pulls like a Land Rover HSE Supercharged - nah, MUCH BETTER - and MUCH better looking IMHO...

I hope to contribute to this forum - although I am a boater by nature (52' CPMY) - I look very much forward to many FUN years in my new JK.

'tis the season,

boater :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My residence is in Knoxville and my boat is at Fort Loudon Marina in Lenoir City - I brought it here from Annapolis last year, going down the east coast on the ICW (Inter Coastal Waterway), cutting across Florida on the Okechobee waterway, across the Gulf of Mexico in sustained 8, 10 and 12 foot seas for 12 hours (very proud of my vessel) and then up the Tennessee / Tombigbee waterway.

2 months later and nearly $20k in diesel fuel - my beloved "lady" is the "good water" of Tennessee.

Bizz - where do your inlaws keep their 70 footer?

JKs8AKs - The gf I just "let go" (mutual "dump") is in JC - we have some good Jeep trails up here in the Smokies as well - I hope to keep an eye out for a Jeep thing in my area soon.

Can't wait to get mine "dirty" !!! :eek:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Welcome!

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.