JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found a nice used pair complete, minus mirrors. They are painted granite and super clean, they'll be getting stripped down and painted bright white next week. My big question is about the hinges, Should I prefit the doors and just get the hinges painted white or take the hinges off and paint the hinges black and line them up after? just trying to avoid a headache at all costs.

And anybody know if they make upper twill replacements? I found the twill from bestop but I've only found them for sale with the whole uppers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When I did mine, I painted the doors and hinges separately, but did paint the hinges body color.
Bestop does sell the uppers in twill. I just picked up a set from Summit racing.
Quadratec was out of stock, and Amazon shipping sucks so bad lately I'm not dealing with them.
Twill upper doors part number 51732-17

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, just noticed the reply. Finally getting this thing together. Since I work 60+ hours a week, maybe I’ll get a chance to drive this thing someday. It cost me 400 to get the doors painted and got them on last weekend. So it cost me 1400 for everything and I couldn’t be happier with the results.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plan is already in the works. Along with the rear section of the Hard Rock cage. I just haven’t had time to take off the bead locks and prefit the cage before powder coating. Probably after the 4th.
Will update pics when I get them done.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What top are you using?
Factory twill, or Bestop super top?
The twill uppers really did make a difference on mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It’s a mopar premium. In decent shape, a few streaks on windows. Unfortunately, haven’t had luck getting them out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I do have the upper. Do you happen to remember what the price was ? I reached out and haven’t had anybody willing to sell me just the replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts