JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Mopar Dana 44 for a 07 JK that has the Dana 30 in it and was wondering what you guys that are doing the swap did for the front electronic lockers for the wiring / harness for the locker?

·
Registered
166 Posts
4WD Hardware sells the OEM switch panel ($28.99) and wiring haness ($119.99). It's on their catalog, but can't find it on their web site.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would just buy the dash switch panel that Daystar makes and wire it up, you just need +12v to activate it. There is also a sensor in the side of the housing that only operates the dash light that tells you when the locker is engaged, you could wire that up also to tell you when it is actually locked.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have done the rear swap. I was able to get the entire harness that has both the front and back locker plug harnesses (and alot of other stuff) for 79.00 from the dealer. The 4 door harness is cheaper than the 2 door harness.

Goat1 is correct, all you need is 12v to the locker and it will work. I'm using a Carling switch with no relay. I also used the sensor for lighting up the other portion of the Carling switch (it has 2 lamps in it, one I wired to come on when I powered the locker and one to indicate the locked/unlocked condition).

I looked into using the stock lock indicator in the dash, to do this you have to tell the computer it has a locker and at that point it will only work in the stock configuration, and you would have to buy the stock locker switch panel. I wanted full manual control of the locker, so I didn't go that route.

I have had zero problems with this arrangement, and I beat on it pretty hard in Moab.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would just buy the dash switch panel that Daystar makes and wire it up, you just need +12v to activate it. There is also a sensor in the side of the housing that only operates the dash light that tells you when the locker is engaged, you could wire that up also to tell you when it is actually locked.
x2

Easy upgrade. I would not worry about the dash light though. Chances are, if you are able to swap in an axle, you know when you do and when you don't have the locker engaged.
The Daystar setup will have the "on" light when the switch is activated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rubucon switch panel wiring etc

John L.
Would you post the part numbers for the necessary dash panel and harness for the rest of us, updaters who did not buy a Rubicon but want the features.

Hondo78:smokin:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Mopar locker wiring harness

New! Locker Wiring Harness (Not Shown)
P5155359 Harness, Wiring, Allows Locker Axles To Be Powered

Call [email protected] Jeep for the best pricing!

480-556-7483

Jason

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Don't buy the stock switch! Don't even think about trying to wire your new locker into the JK system!
Now that I have your attention, trying to put the new locker into an X or Sahara system will throw the computer out so far I have heard of JK's not even starting. And that is even if the dealer can find the flash for it. Wire it outside of the system as my mentor JohnL has advised. The wiring harness that hopefully John still has the number for is only for the weird plugs that go to the diff. The actuator wires end right at the diff housing so it's quite a challenge, although doable to wire it without that plug. You don't need a relay for it, but do put a 20 amp fuse in the system. Also use a 20 amp rated switch. Any single pole switch will work toggle, rocker, non-momentary push button. I'd also recommend hooking up the light (5amp fuse) seperate from the switch wiring. Sometimes the locker takes a few feet to turn off or on, plus if you are anything like me you'll sometimes forget to turn it off then wonder why the steering's so ****in' hard. I just love those ********. Don't you?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
X10 A/ It's easier and, B/ a lot of people add additional switches to bypass the factory switches anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stock locker switch panel and harness

OK so far I have -

4602508af for the locker switch panel from Jeep $28.99

5155359 for the 4dr harness from Jeep $79.00

First are these numbers correct for an 07 - 09 Jeep update?

Next, I will likely wire these separate from the OEM system to avoid issues with the system, and to allow for locking at will. A mini LED should help with the activtion signal to the driver.

Any other tips?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have to agree with those that commented: do not wire the locker into the JK's system.

I installed a front D44 on my "X" . . . I got the switch panel (x2 actually) and the wiring harness (the harness was about $75 - $80). Do Not Use the Rubicon Switch Panel . . . use something aftermarket (the original dash switch panel has only one plug on the rear, thus, the locker will have to be recognized by the system . . . pain in the ass). I wired mine to my sPOD . . . works great.

For ease of wiring, the harness is the way to go . . . I clipped the wire with the plug from the harness and wired the actuator straight to the sPOD --> locker works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been running my X with D44s under it for a while and I just have been using simple toggle switch. I love being able to use the lockers when ever I want. I now have a Daystar switch panel and would like to use the toggle switches that Daystar sells which are like the ARB switches so that the light on the switch works along with the lockers. I can get the lockers to work but not with the light on the switch and lockers both. Any ideas?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts