1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Nice looking bumper...reminds me of the new Teraflex offering..any word on pricing?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Great looking bumper!

Is this considered a "stubby" or a "Mid"?

If i place an order SOON, Out of the 1st ones, Can i have it before june 27th?

Thanks! :bounce:

Also, Can you shoot an actual picture of the bumper and post it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would call it a mid. The ends stick out past the grill by just a few inches. I just received a modified hoop less version of this same bumper today. Very well made and thought out. Kelly and Jason are a great pair to work with and buy from. I will try to get photos up as soon as I get it installed.

Jason

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking bumper!

Is this considered a "stubby" or a "Mid"?

If i place an order SOON, Out of the 1st ones, Can i have it before june 27th?

Thanks! :bounce:

Also, Can you shoot an actual picture of the bumper and post it?
Thanks!

Personally I think of it as more of a "stubby", but it's really in between what's commonly referred to as "stubby" and "mid".

If you ordered soon we could certainly have it to you before the 27th.

In regards to pics, we can shoot a pic of the bumper non-mounted to show the hoop if you'd like, but since we have so few available from this first production run we won't be mounting one on either of our JK's. We're allocating all of the first units for resale and are hoping one of our customers will send us some pics once installed. If not we'll install one and take pics after the 2nd production run.

The bumper is exactly the same as our Pre-Runner front pictured here, it's only the hoop that's changed:

You can see more pics of the Pre-Runner and bumper here:

http://www.redrockfab.com/shop/jk-front-bumpers/jk-stubby-front-bumper.html

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would call it a mid. The ends stick out past the grill by just a few inches. I just received a modified hoop less version of this same bumper today. Very well made and thought out. Kelly and Jason are a great pair to work with and buy from. I will try to get photos up as soon as I get it installed.

Jason
I'm glad to hear it arrived in good condition! I look forward to seeing pics as that's the first bumper we've done without a hoop.

Thanks again for your business!!

Jason

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I am close to pulling the trigger on this!

I need more info on the Blocker Beam Skid Plate... Is this something that would benefit me since i have a basically stock Unltd Rubi.

I called your shop, And he said you would return my call, Assuming you are Jason. LOL

I look forward to throwing out some newbie questions to ya! :)

Adam

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Adam,

Nice talking with you!

Just to clarify if anyone else was curious, the blocker beam skid plate is designed to protect the sway bar disconnect motor on Rubicon models.

Here's a picture of the Pre-Runner w/ skid installed:

And one without:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm glad to hear it arrived in good condition! I look forward to seeing pics as that's the first bumper we've done without a hoop.

Thanks again for your business!!

Jason

Here are photos finally. The install went smooth once I had my old bumper and winch channel off. It only took about an hour and that was by myself.

Here is the boring driveway shots.

...and some action shots from this weekend’s trip to Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Low Pro Bumper

Here are some comparison pics of the Low-Profile and Pre-Runner bumpers side to side to give a better idea of how they look.

Both units are currently in stock!
I'm assuming these would fit a powerplant winch? Also would you be able to weld two light tabs on each end of the bumper closer to the bar, upon ordering?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Low Profile bumper will work with a Powerplant, but we might need to shim the winch up a little higher since it's so long on one side. Definitely let us know you're going to be using a Powerplant when you order and we'll include the shims in case you need them.

In regards to light tabs, since the bumpers are already powder coated we would need to do a new custom order to make any changes. We certainly could add them wherever you'd like, but they will likely block the turn signals if you put them on the sides of the bar. FYI The top of the bumper is flat and you easily get access to the underside, so you could simply drill and mount any post mount style light wherever you chose without adding any tabs (as the customer did above).

Another option would be to weld light tabs to the winch hoop. We also plan to offer modular tube clamp style light mounts at a later date as well so our current customers can add lights without any modifications.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just placed an order for one of the pre-runner bumpers today.and my EPI9.0 superwinch last week can wait for both to get here.The bumper is on back order:bawling:.Well still cant wait anyway.

·
Registered
420 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts