JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I began to notice my JK was exhibiting the common "JK Lean" to the right, especially with a full tank. About 3/8s". No biggie I say, just leave it. But no. Yesterday I had to do some stuff under the rear and I had some time so I decided to swap the rear springs left & right and cure the lean. Always works, every time, for the 40+ years I've been jacking around with cars. Right?

Oh, sure, now it leans about 5/8s" to the right!! Although I have an aversion to levelling with shims, orderd a set of TF 1" rear spacers from Northridge. I only need one for the right side to replace the 1/2" TF spacer on there now, but since they only come in pairs, hey, I'll have a spare.

Let this be a lesson to you. Either let it lean, or just buy the spacers and be done with it. FAWK!!!!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Mine has a bad lean also. I swapped the springs at work last weekend and as expected no change. I left the coil retainers off to do some spacer changes in the near future.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine was the same way after the TF lift was installed. I bought a 1" spacer for the front and rear. Presto now i'm level.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Step 1: Stop picking up fat chicks.
Step 2: Get in touch with yo' innah GANGSTA and just git yo' gangsta lean on.
Ok, I'll order a 2" spacer instead!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Check to see if your control arms are preloaded. If the arms are fighting each other they can be using the axle housing as a torsion spring. This more common with Radius arm suspensions but you can get it with the regular suspension as well.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I got the Acos system installed up front and the rear system is sitting on the garage floor, I'm debating shorter better springs but can't decide on which ones to go with.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I bought the poly bracket hoping it would help. It did a little. I might try an adj track bar because that's where I think the issue is, but right now I am saying fook it.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put the Teraflex 1" rear mount/spacer on the passenger side this AM. Sits perfectly level side to side. Now I can relax...:D

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Send me a PM.

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
mine leans to the driver side...what's up with that? seems most people's dive to the passenger side.

fat chick in passenger rear could be the answer??

edit-because i been drinkin and got it backwards

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Something in the passenger's rear?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had to re-center the rear axle after I put the taller spacer on. Amazing how sensitive the JK's suspension is.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Last summer I began to notice my JK was exhibiting the common "JK Lean" to the right, especially with a full tank. About 3/8s". No biggie I say, just leave it. But no. Yesterday I had to do some stuff under the rear and I had some time so I decided to swap the rear springs left & right and cure the lean. Always works, every time, for the 40+ years I've been jacking around with cars. Right?

Oh, sure, now it leans about 5/8s" to the right!! Although I have an aversion to levelling with shims, orderd a set of TF 1" rear spacers from Northridge. I only need one for the right side to replace the 1/2" TF spacer on there now, but since they only come in pairs, hey, I'll have a spare.

Let this be a lesson to you. Either let it lean, or just buy the spacers and be done with it. FAWK!!!!!
LOL! Extra like! Been there, done that, but it took you to enlighten and entertain the whole crowd here. Thanks for the laughs! :beer:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL! Extra like! Been there, done that, but it took you to enlighten and entertain the whole crowd here. Thanks for the laughs! :beer:
Thanks! This was one of those "It can only happen to me" things where I go "How is this even POSSIBLE???"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts